The Sci-Fi Slob's Top 100 Horror Movies

→ in
Tools    

28 Days Later is one of my favorite movies of all time, regardless of genre.

Day of the Dead is the only movie I haven't seen from Romero's Dead series.

Day of the Dead is an excellent movie. Not as overt with a political message like Dawn, but it is still a fantastic movie.

I really liked 28 Days Later, but I prefer 28 Weeks Later.

I watched Day of the Dead once when it first came out, and I remember being very disappointed. I should watch it again.

I was disappointed with Day of the Dead once... Not the 1985 Day of the Dead, the 2008 Day of the Dead remake. THAT movie was TERRIBLE! I watch it everyone in a while to mock the movie MST3K style.

I agree can't see nick cannon starring in a zombie movie.

Let the night air cool you off
Two very good choices, Slob. I particularly love Day of the Dead. I like it more than Dawn, but people treat me like they treated lepers when I say that.

Two very good choices, Slob. I particularly love Day of the Dead. I like it more than Dawn, but people treat me like they treated lepers when I say that.
Dawn is my favorite of the three personally. Day is my least of the original trilogy, but like with the Indiana Jones trilogy, I love all three to death.

Let the night air cool you off
Night > Day> Dawn for me. I like Dawn, love Day, and really love Night. Dawn probably deserves a rewatch from me though, it's been awhile.

Night > Day> Dawn for me. I like Dawn, love Day, and really love Night. Dawn probably deserves a rewatch from me though, it's been awhile.
Night is number 2 for me. But VERY close to being my fav of the trilogy.

Didn't like either of these. 28 Days was OK until they left London. I felt it really fell away after that, not that I thought it was great before. Day is just bad.

Chappie doesn't like the real world

It's certainly my favorite zombie movie. I was really surprised at how good it was. I was freaked out, scared and totally invested in the characters. I think it's a great movie.

Shaun of the Dead (2004)

Probably the best horror comedy since The Return of The Living Dead.

The Human Centipede (2009)

One of the most disturbing films ever made in my opinion, topped only by Martyrs, Inside, and A Serbian Film.

Oh, God, this list has gone all to hell. Shaun Of The Dead? Really? On a horror list? Above stone cold classics of the genre? I weep for you and all of humanity. When's Aliens appearing?

Shaun is more a comedy-horror but still horror nonetheless...

Human Centipede is just vile. I'd never have it on any list. Not even a worst list. Never saw the second one.

You just had to put The Human Centipede on this list, didn't you.

Shaun is more a comedy-horror but still horror nonetheless...
While I understand, I disagree. It doesn't try to scare you therefore, to my mind, it's can't be horror.

Sean of the Dead is awesome, great pick.

I love the concept of The Human Centipede, and I really liked the movie, but I wanted more. I thought it needed to be more disturbing. In fact, part II is way more disturbing, but it's not as good of a movie.

Frontiers (2007)

A group of young criminals flee Paris to find somewhere to hind in the country, only to be taken hostage by a gang of psychotic neo-Nazis...that's racist!

Pet Sematary (1989)

That kid always gives me the creeps.