Short Stories and Novellas that you want to see Filmed?

Tools    

What are some some of your favorite short stories/novellas that you'd like to see adapted? I'd love to see a movie of George R. R. Martin's amazing werewolf tale "The Skin Trade". There are also quite a few Stephen King shorts I'd love to watch, like "The Ten O'Clock People", "Sneakers", "One For The Road", "I Am The Doorway", "Everything's Eventual", "Rainy Season", "Home Delivery", "L. T.'s Theory Of Pets", "In The Deathroom"...
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

I'd like to see a proper version of H.G Wells' War Of The Worlds...

So far there's been two crap films and a crappier TV series...

Love to see the book turned to the screen rather than just the general idea of an Alien Invasion.
Which is all the films are, Alien Invasion films with little in common with the novella and slapped with the name War Of The Worlds so they can sell tickets.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
What are some some of your favorite short stories/novellas that you'd like to see adapted?

The Death of Liberalism: The End of Abortion.

Not sure who wrote it. Love to see the movie.

Ah, my bad then, Rodent. I tend to think of novellas as being collections like 'Different Seasons" which have fewer stories each of which are lengthier than average.

The Death of Liberalism: The End of Abortion.

Not sure who wrote it. Love to see the movie.
Totally irrelevant to the OP and obvious baiting. If you want to discuss abortion, do it in the appropriate place.

The appropriate place would be in Miscellaneous Chat. In the "Abortion; Why?" thread, for instance.

Do you have any short story adaptation suggestions or are you just trolling for attention?

I remember a short story from many years ago involving a prisoner who gets trapped trying to escape. He digs a hole in the wall and craws down a very small tunnel only to find a grate at the end with a dead corpse. He can't get back to his cell and so he supposedly dies there.

The story I'm thinking about was written way before Shawshank. I guess it could be a re-write. It would be interesting to see a convicted murderer trying to escape only to find himself in a trap.

The story I'm thinking about was written in or prior to the '70s.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
I'd love to see more faithful adaptions of Robert E. Howard's Conan stories. Red Nails, The Servants of Bit Yakin, Hour of the Dragon, and People of the Black Circle just to name a few are much better than the cheesy Aunold movies.

What are some some of your favorite short stories/novellas that you'd like to see adapted? I'd love to see a movie of George R. R. Martin's amazing werewolf tale "The Skin Trade". There are also quite a few Stephen King shorts I'd love to watch, like "The Ten O'Clock People", "Sneakers", "One For The Road", "I Am The Doorway", "Everything's Eventual", "Rainy Season", "Home Delivery", "L. T.'s Theory Of Pets", "In The Deathroom"...
The first two King shorts in Nightmares and Dreamscapes, (Dolan's Cadillac and The End of the Whole Mess if I remember correctly) are his two best IMO. Love to see adaptations of those.