Who wants to see Duncan Jone's Warcraft movie?

Tools    

Me me me!

In pre-production. Let's hope it gets made this time!

So, I'm bumping this up.

Duncan has finished week 6 of shooting.

I think DJ is one of the best new directors working today. I have high respect for both his previous films, especially Moon. I am a fan of the fantasy genre, and recognize that little has been done in film that is any good in this genre, which is why I look forward to Duncan's Warcraft - a talented director working with a decent budget in the fantasy genre is rare.

I hope this film is everything I expect it to be.

On another note - I hope that one day the legal problems surrounding the D&D tag will be resolved. I would love to see a proper D&D film, being a 30 year vet of the game.

So - WHO WANTS TO SEE WARCRAFT?

I do, for sure.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I work at a warehouse that supplies gear for this movie. It's massive.

Suspect's Reviews

will this be based on World of Warcraft? or more on the storylines of Blizzard's older games like Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness?

the World of Warcraft stuff doesn't appeal to me at all... but those older games had a grit to them and i also remember there being some really cool artwork in the booklets that came with 'em

unfortunately World of Warcraft is probably more popular and familiar for a lot more people at this point, so they'll probly go that angle

i think the potential is there for a good movie if it's done the right way... imagining a more gritty atmosphere, perhaps a decent amount of live sets, real props effects, that sort of thing... but i'm guessing it will probably be heavily computer generated (if it ends up getting made)

it will also be challenging to make something that doesn't feel too derivative of Lord of the Rings or something like that

liked Moon (2009) though, so maybe Duncan Jones can carry over some 'goodness' from that one

here's a screenshot (found it online) from that old Wacraft 2 game. lost that disc long ago. the image of Grom Hellscream on the left-middle would make a not-too-shabby avatar

I'm pretty sure it's based on World of Warcraft, nostromo. Which makes me happy, because that's what I used to play.

Count me pumped. I thought they were still prepping, but if they're really 6 weeks into shooting that's awesome.

ah okay, WoW, as suspected

probably won't go the direction i'd like, yet i figure it will appeal to WoW fans well enough

i'll keep an eye on the development

remember playing those old computer games (Warcraft 1 and 2) when i was young. had some awesome music too

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
I didn't saw anyone from studios saying that it will be based on WoW.I hope they will use Warcraft1,2 and 3(with Frozen Throne ofc)...Story of Arthas/Lich King is really huge and epic,to this day he is one of my fav fantasy characters.I don't think they will go with WoW cuz there would be so many questions,WoW is a sequel to Warcraft 3,WoW starts where W3 ends...Blizzard was always great when it comes to creating cutscenes(in game movies,or whatever you call them),they could really putt some of those in the movie...They really have potential to make this great...Yes yes,I played Warcraft...A lot...

As it turns out, they're basing it on one of the novels, Warcraft: The Last Guardian.

As it turns out, they're basing it on one of the novels, Warcraft: The Last Guardian.
That could work,but I think its not good for people that never played the game.I don't mind if they do this,but why start with a story that is written as a sequel to something,I mean this was written to explain some stuff.I think they should just go with W1,2 and 3.

EDIT:On wikipedia it still says:"Warcraft is an upcoming movie based on Warcarft video game series and set on the world of Azeroth." I think that is only thing we know about on what it will be based,if you have any links fell free to share.It says same on IMDb.

I skimmed the plot, I really hope they don't make this film too Alliance focused. I was always a Horde guy.

That could work,but I think its not good for people that never played the game.I don't mind if they do this,but why start with a story that is written as a sequel to something,I mean this was written to explain some stuff.I think they should just go with W1,2 and 3.

EDIT:On wikipedia it still says:"Warcraft is an upcoming movie based on Warcarft video game series and set on the world of Azeroth." I think that is only thing we know about on what it will be based,if you have any links fell free to share.It says same on IMDb.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warcraft#Film_adaptation

"The film is supposed to begin principal photography some time in early 2014 with a plot based on the novel Warcraft: The Last Guardian."

I skimmed the plot, I really hope they don't make this film too Alliance focused. I was always a Horde guy.
Yea,that is why I think Arthas/Lich King story would be perfect,in his line of story you can see Orc,Undead,Legion,Humans and few Elfs.

You can follow Duncan on Twitter. He doesn't say anything much about the plot or story. There will be orcs. He has mentioned orcs. Also, I think his budget is substantial. One thing to remember about Duncan is that he is a D&D RPG vet, and also a lifelong video game nut - so, I feel he is really qualified to make this film. He seems to be having a good experience in the process, and I take that as a good sign.

I want to see trolls and the undead.

If they aren't in the film, I'm giving it a

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I'll watch the movie, but I wouldn't necessarily call myself excited about it.

"Late one last night, but week 6 done! Editing today with mighty Paul Hirsch, then a day off. "Making of" for this is going to be nuts." ~ Duncan Jones
@ManMadeMoon