The 2022 MoFo Film Awards

Tools    

It's time to reveal the winners of the 2022 MoFo Film Awards!

This was the first year back from hiatus, and I'm glad to see the positive reception it's received! There were a number of very close races, and a handful of runaway victors this time around. Before we kick off though, I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who nominated and/or voted for the finalists!

@Allaby @ApexPredator @beelzebubble @Harry Lime @Hey Fredrick @Holden Pike
@Iroquois @John-Connor @LAMb EELYAK @mrblond @PHOENIX74 @rauldc14
@sawduck @ScarletLion @seanc @Siddon @TheUsualSuspect @Thursday Next @Torgo
@Tugg ...and of course Frightened Inmate No. 2, who I can never tag properly!

Best Visual Effects

Our first award is for the best visual effects of the year, and it's also our first tight race!
Only a single point separated first and second place.

And the winner is...

Best Score

Our third category is Best Score, and... you guessed it, it's also the third category where only a single point separated first and second place.

And the winner is...

The Banshees of Inisherin

Seven voters gave Banshees its first award of the year.
Will it also be its last, or just the first of many to come?

Close behind was Babylon with 6 points.

Paul Mescal, Aftersun

6 votes got Paul Mescal first place.
Austin Butler received second with 4.

The rest of the votes were spread out fairly evenly between the other finalists.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	breakout performance.png
Views:	69
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	92558  

Best Cinematography

And now we're back to another category where only a single point separated first and second place!
This was a close race, since third place was also only 1 point behind second.

And the winner is...

Six voters gave Banshees its second award of the season.
The Northman, which was only nominated in this category, just narrowed missed out with 5 points.
Attachments

Name:	best cinematography.png
Views:	71
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	92559  

Best Ensemble Cast

Best Ensemble Cast was surprisingly our first runaway victor.
One film received a majority of the votes, with all others earning 2 points each.

And the winner is...

Banshees is now 3 for 3! Will it sweep our rewards, or will the Oscars' darling Everything Everywhere All At Once receive the most accolades here as well?
Attachments

Name:	best ensemble cast.png
Views:	67
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	92560  

Personally, I was really hoping that The Northman would get Best Cinematography. It certainly got my vote.

So far, the only category where I had voted for the winner was Best Score haha. I was rooting for Amber Midthunder, and Nope got my votes for Best Sound and Best Visuals. I went with Glass Onion for Best Cast.

I'm going to take a quick break now, but I'll be back very shortly!

Funniest Scene

This category was almost another runaway. While not as unanimous as Best Ensemble Cast, it does have one of the highest point differences of any category this year.

And the winner is...

Barbarian – Justin Long measures the basement

This was the only category Barbarian was nominated in, and it earned an easy victory with eight people voting for it, twice the total of the category's runner-up, Benoit immediately solving the murder mystery in Glass Onion.
Attachments

Name:	funniest scene.png
Views:	65
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	92562  

Most Memorable Scene

While the Funniest Scene was a sweep, Most Memorable Scene brings us back to a single point separating the top two nominees.

And the winner is...