B-Movie HoF II: The Sequel!

Tools    

@Citizen Rules

You thought many wouldnt like your nominee

I said it had similar feel to it like Mad Max

Thats a good thing

Mad Max is a great pop cult film...

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
My thoughts

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes - recommended by @mattiasflgrtll6

For being Killer Tomatoes, rarely anything resembling blood! The movie was very silly. The actors had no problems overacting. It reminded me a bit of "The Kentucky Fried Movie". If you haven't seen that @mattiasflgrtll6, you should! They say you should always see "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" at least once and I saw it my once time. 2/5

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes is supposed to be silly. That's what makes it so much fun.

You should watch the sequel, Return of the Killer Tomatoes. It's a much better movie, and it stars a young George Clooney.

Time to continue. Hadn't seen this one before and knew nothing more than IMDb's 23 word plot description and that Peter Cushing appears in it.

The Beast Must Die (1974)

There's a millionaire hunter who invites bunch of people to his estate for a few days. Each of his guests has a shady past and there's something that connects them to unexplained deaths. He's convinced that one these people is a werewolf and he intends to find out who - and after that kill this fearsome beast.

The Beast Must Die has one of the worst scripts I know. Newcliffe seems complete idiot who's given no thought at all how to accomplish his goal. With Dr. Lundgren he could have devised a plan to reveal and kill the werewolf without risking anyone else (a small amount of silver mixed in everyone's food). Or he could have just monitored the surveillance to see who the werewolf was during the first night. And why did the werewolf even accept the invitation during the full moon?

The film reminds me of some Finnish B-films I saw as a kid due to director being a local, eh, celebrity (Visa Mäkinen is his name, in case anyone's interested to find some real trash films). Good example of incompetent film making is the car chase in the early parts of the film - it takes a long time, there's no sense of speed or urgency and those "shortcuts" make no sense at all.

Acting is terrible (I hope Cushing was just pissed off for accepting the role). Music isn't exactly bad but it just doesn't fit the film at all (yeah, the lead is black but the film is hardly a blacksploitation). Pseudo-scientific werewolf theories rate pretty high on stupidity. Only positive things I can think of are that the film appears to take itself seriously and the unintentional humor following from that (there are moments that are slightly amusing because they're bad enough).

The Editor (2014)

This might be a well made movie for fans of slasher gore and I'm sure some would love it. But I hated it as I don't like slasher gore movies and this was way too graphic for my taste. It seemed like it was well made and the dubbed roles made some of the character's seem funnier than they probably were, especially the detective. If this hadn't been so bloody graphic I might have liked it as it seemed like the tongue in cheek dialogue was written well and clever. But people being chopped up isn't my thing.

The Editor (2014)

This might be a well made movie for fans of slasher gore and I'm sure some would love it. But I hated it as I don't like slasher gore movies and this was way too graphic for my taste. It seemed like it was well made and the dubbed roles made some of the character's seem funnier than they probably were, especially the detective. If this hadn't been so bloody graphic I might have liked it as it seemed like the tongue in cheek dialogue was written well and clever. But people being chopped up isn't my thing.
lol the guts scene looks cheesy and fake.. the blood didn't even look like blood... there were several annoying things to me... and I love slasher gore..

lol the guts scene looks cheesy and fake.. the blood didn't even look like blood... there were several annoying things to me... and I love slasher gore..
Oh forgot to say I did dig the muscle cars! Damn nice, the red one was a Javelin, I'm not sure what the blue one with the white stripes were.

I'm done and I just sent in my voting list.

@Joel can you update the list of reviews on the first page, you missed some of mine.
None of mine are linked either...

@Joel can you update the list of reviews on the first page, you missed some of mine.
Absolutely. Just give me a littl bit of time. I've been slave to the grind for a bit now, just need to decompress a bit so I can roll my sleeves up again.

OK, all reviews are linked onto the 1st page here..please let me know if I've missed anyone's.

Here's what I have left to see/review

The Dragon Lives Again
Cherry 2000
The Beast Must Die (I know my gut reaction review is linked but that will change - hopefully for the better)
Spaced Invaders

Time to continue. Hadn't seen this one before and knew nothing more than IMDb's 23 word plot description and that Peter Cushing appears in it.

The Beast Must Die (1974)

There's a millionaire hunter who invites bunch of people to his estate for a few days. Each of his guests has a shady past and there's something that connects them to unexplained deaths. He's convinced that one these people is a werewolf and he intends to find out who - and after that kill this fearsome beast.

The Beast Must Die has one of the worst scripts I know. Newcliffe seems complete idiot who's given no thought at all how to accomplish his goal. With Dr. Lundgren he could have devised a plan to reveal and kill the werewolf without risking anyone else (a small amount of silver mixed in everyone's food). Or he could have just monitored the surveillance to see who the werewolf was during the first night. And why did the werewolf even accept the invitation during the full moon?

The film reminds me of some Finnish B-films I saw as a kid due to director being a local, eh, celebrity (Visa Mäkinen is his name, in case anyone's interested to find some real trash films). Good example of incompetent film making is the car chase in the early parts of the film - it takes a long time, there's no sense of speed or urgency and those "shortcuts" make no sense at all.

Acting is terrible (I hope Cushing was just pissed off for accepting the role). Music isn't exactly bad but it just doesn't fit the film at all (yeah, the lead is black but the film is hardly a blacksploitation). Pseudo-scientific werewolf theories rate pretty high on stupidity. Only positive things I can think of are that the film appears to take itself seriously and the unintentional humor following from that (there are moments that are slightly amusing because they're bad enough).

It's one thing to disagree with a posters opinion but this review is just nonsense.

There's a millionaire hunter who invites bunch of people to his estate for a few days. And why did the werewolf even accept the invitation during the full moon? Good example of incompetent film making is the car chase in the early parts of the film - it takes a long time, there's no sense of speed or urgency and those "shortcuts" make no sense at all.

The point of the chase was to trap people on his estate, his goal was to trick all the party goers and leave them stranded. The werewolf has a degree of control in the film that was clearly established during the bullet scene you were not paying attention.

Newcliffe seems complete idiot who's given no thought at all how to accomplish his goal. With Dr. Lundgren he could have devised a plan to reveal and kill the werewolf without risking anyone else (a small amount of silver mixed in everyone's food).

Why does Newcliffe care who lives or dies? Why would he trust Lundgren if he thinks he's a werewolf? Was the plan to reveal the werewolf or to also hunt it. Newcliffe's is also motivated by vanity.

Or he could have just monitored the surveillance to see who the werewolf was during the first night.

Why didn't he just beat them over the head and tie them to a board and wait for the moon to come out? Though your position is absurd because of what happened to the surveillance.

Music isn't exactly bad but it just doesn't fit the film at all (yeah, the lead is black but the film is hardly a blacksploitation)

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...acksploitation

blacksploitation
Films and TV series which exploited black popular culture. Usually revolved around badass black detectives with funky hairstyles solving crimes

I would love to hear your definition of blacksploitation.

I don't mean to rip your review apart and I will joke with you on occasion, it's one thing to miss a point it's another thing to be factually incorrect

It's one thing to disagree with a posters opinion but this review is just nonsense.
OK

The point of the chase was to trap people on his estate, his goal was to trick all the party goers and leave them stranded. The werewolf has a degree of control in the film that was clearly established during the bullet scene you were not paying attention.
And this explains why the werewolf accepts an invitation in the first place exactly how? I know what Newcliffe was trying to do (albeit very stupidly but still) but I was questioning the logic behind the werewolf's decision to come to his estate. And you also quoted my complaints about the car chase so I'm assuming your reply was meant to refute that as well.

Why does Newcliffe care who lives or dies? Why would he trust Lundgren if he thinks he's a werewolf? Was the plan to reveal the werewolf or to also hunt it. Newcliffe's is also motivated by vanity.
First Caroline was his wife so I'd assume he cared whether she lives or dies. I also got the impression that Lundgren wasn't that much a suspect but more like an accomplice (my assumption is that wolfsbane, silver, etc. were available due to prior instruction by the doctor). He was there out of scientific curiosity. And the plan was to kill the werewolf.

Why didn't he just beat them over the head and tie them to a board and wait for the moon to come out? Though your position is absurd because of what happened to the surveillance.
Nice straw man to start this one. Newcliffe was clearly aware of the silver's effect on werewolf so both easiest and safest way to put it in contact would be to have small amount mixed with food. And how does it make my position absurd if the surveillance system was trashed afterwards? Using it to monitor the guests was one of its main functions (the rooms had cameras as was shown earlier) and doing so would have revealed the werewolf at the start of the first night.

I would love to hear your definition of blacksploitation.
In my opinion blacksploitation films usually have mainly black cast, not just a black hero. There's a huge difference between something like Blacula and this. But I admit that I have no idea what's the official definition.

I don't mean to rip your review apart and I will joke with you on occasion, it's one thing to miss a point it's another thing to be factually incorrect
Sadly nothing you wrote shows me being factually incorrect. The script was terrible and you're free to disagree but I don't like your general style of attacking all differing opinions and trying to make yours an objective truth that others are just too stupid to see.

Sorry for the long absence.

Probably the most ordinary film that was nominated. There's nothing particularly special about it: Seems just like a normal 80's comedy/horror which doesn't do much to stand out from the crowd. One of those films you forget about immediately after finishing it.

I still enjoyed myself though:
-If you've played Half Life 2 and System Shock 2 you're aware of the leeches, probably my worst fear, so yeah the film kinda got to me.
-You know you're off for a great start when the first shot is aliens.
-The suspended animation room looks like a spaceship, lol wut?!
-The dude running away at a slow pace on the crutches lol
-"what is this, a homicide or a bad b movie?"
-That cat's meow echoed enough to break the sound barrier.
-Everyone clapped after she did the middle finger, she must be a real hero.
-"Screaming like banshees"
-Watching 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'? I see you're a woman of culture.
-The bus driver did the eye pop thing from Mad Max.
-'It's Miller Time!"

I think the film would've been better if it was over the course of a single night. Fun film Suspect.

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
Waiting for the second video from @TYTD

Should be on it's way for early November I've watched 2 of the remaining 6 so far and i've had a "Questionable" copy of "Attack of the killer tomatoes sat in my player for the last 3 days!

Subsiquently I've also spent the last 3 days being ferried to half a dozen birthday parties between me and my partners family (Octobers a hell of a month) though if you liked my last video I post up a new video review every friday over in the "Reviews" board on here

Also; on the plus side, this turned up today

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

The Beast Must Die

and there must be spoilers.

After reading other reviews, I was a little worried about this one, but I was actually pleasantly surprised by it. I remember a ton of similar movies from the Seventies that would play out on local TV horror film related shows so the setup and the execution was like meandering down an old, bedraggled hangout.

The opening, while a bit long, definitely gets you in the mood and is a good introduction to the character of our millionaire hunter looking to add a werewolf to his collection of kills while adding the mystery of figuring out which of his guests actually is the beast.

One of my favorite monsters have been the werewolf, which, with great aggravation, there is very few good werewolf films.
This does add a nice twist to the usual genre while mixing a kind of sleuth dinner, guess the murderer setup to it.
Our lead actor did a solid job, including his fixation and frantic excitement at getting closer to his prey.
WARNING: "And," spoilers below
to have him bitten and therefore, take a bullet as the ending, was pretty d@mn cool.

There was some amusing red herrings to who was the werewolf
WARNING: "and for the longest time" spoilers below
I actually guessed right until the end when I switched from him to his girlfriend, thinking it made for a good twist.
Same went for the wife and when she turned, I applauded, but then it was due to mixing her blood from her pet dog's that caused it and that in itself was a nice teaser.

This also had some nice surprises in actors, including:
Charles Gray manning the surveilence whom I remember from teaching us the step moves for the Time Zone in The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

as well as
Michael Gambon whom I know from:
the villian rancher in Open Range
and in The Legend of Sleepy Hollow as Van Tassel.
And seeing him in a younger role was VERY cool. In fact, recognizing the voice, but not the face, I actually had to pause and research who it was on IMDb.

I think my one and only complaint was the jazz music to this, but then, much like some of the silly pop scores of a lot of Eighties flicks, it WAS a measure of its time, so I can't completely fault it for that.

And so, with this, I continue on some fun lil B-flicks so far and look to continue so.