The MoFo Top 100 of the 1970s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
been a decade or two since seeing either of these films, glad to see they made. remember seeing Being There when it came out and being a huge pink panther fan and it was complete 180 in comedic style. Took me by surprise at the time, but still enjoyed it very much.

Saw in a documentary how this was a movie peter sellers had pushed for, for quite some time and how he actually hated doing the pink panther movies . . .

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Hmmm, I've never seen either of them, but have wanted to. I just requested All That Jazz and will pair it with A Chorus Line.

Two good films that Bob Fosse did his distinctive style of choreography on, are:

Kiss Me Kate
and especially, Sweet Charity

I've seen both "All That Jazz" and "A Chorus Line", and they should make a good double feature. I prefer "A Chorus Line", but they're both good movies. I considered "All That Jazz" for my list, but it just didn't make the final cut.

How could I have NOT seen so many of these great films??? At yeast I had heard of them.

Geez, I'm adding to my 'watch list' so fast that I won't be able to leave the house until afternoon.....

The 70s was a good decade for movies, but IMO not the best. The 80s was also good, maybe even better than the 70s, but still not the best.

I've been looking through my DVDs, and I think the 60s was the best, or possibly the 50s. I thought I had a hard time with my 70s list, but I'm dreading some of my favorite movies that I will have to leave off of my 60s list.

Can we submit a top 100 movies list for the 60s movies?

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
The 70s was a good decade for movies, but IMO not the best. The 80s was also good, maybe even better than the 70s, but still not the best.

I've been looking through my DVDs, and I think the 60s was the best, or possibly the 50s. I thought I had a hard time with my 70s list, but I'm dreading some of my favorite movies that I will have to leave off of my 60s list.

Can we submit a top 100 movies list for the 60s movies?
We will be doing that certainly.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Yeah, I'm certain that when this is finished everyone will start preparing for the 60's.

I'm looking forward to that one as well. I had plenty to choose from for my 70's list, but not as much as my 80's list. I can't wait to do that decade over. I'm not happy with my list, nor the results.

Yeah, I'm certain that when this is finished everyone will start preparing for the 60's.

I'm looking forward to that one as well. I had plenty to choose from for my 70's list, but not as much as my 80's list. I can't wait to do that decade over. I'm not happy with my list, nor the results.

I wasn't here for the 80s list, but I may try to do one on my own time just out of curiosity to see where some of my current favorites land on my list.

Cabaret will definitely be quite high on the list.

One thing I have noticed is that is seems to be mainly loved by the female members of the forum, and watching the film I wouldn't say that's particularly surprising, especially with the performance of Liza Minnelli.

I watched it for the HOF a while ago now but don't remember posting my thoughts, I thought it was very good, but I didn't fall in love with it like some people here have. I'm interested in watching it again to try and appreciate it more, although I can certainly see why it appeals to some people.

One thing I have noticed is that is seems to be mainly loved by the female members of the forum, and watching the film I wouldn't say that's particularly surprising, especially with the performance of Liza Minnelli.
You going to let him talk about you like that @markf.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I voted for Logan's Run and Fantastic Planet. I was expecting them to be a bit higher on the list. I can see that some of the movies I ranked quite high aren't even going to be on the list at all. :P

The Holy Mountain was my #7, but it could have been higher. One of my favorite films.