Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Ongoing Tournaments & Brackets (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   33rd Hall of Fame (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=69705)

PHOENIX74 03-05-24 03:32 AM

A great bunch of films starting to coalesce here - very worthy, varied and interesting.

edarsenal 03-06-24 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by beelzebubble (Post 2443385)
Pick something good guys, because I am in and I picked a great one.
I think I've got ya covered. It's definitely iconic that's for sure.

Citizen Rules 03-06-24 01:13 PM

Re: 33rd Hall of Fame

I'm hoping to join and if so I went with something that most haven't seen. Maybe Ed has? I guess we'll see:D

rauldc14 03-06-24 03:54 PM

Sent my nom in

beelzebubble 03-06-24 04:12 PM

Now we just wait for @Siddon to send in his nomination.

Citizen Rules 03-06-24 05:57 PM

Hopefully we have a great HoF and everyone participates this time from the get go...as opposed to waiting tell the last week to post their reviews. I just don't get that.

John W Constantine 03-06-24 06:06 PM

Any more joining in? Anyone? I promise we don't smell.

Citizen Rules 03-06-24 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by John W Constantine (Post 2443888)
Any more joining in? Anyone? I promise we don't smell.
Maybe we need to do the @ mention thing? Sometimes people just don't see a thread when they logon to MoFo, so they don't even know about it.

rauldc14 03-06-24 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2443882)
Hopefully we have a great HoF and everyone participates this time from the get go...as opposed to waiting tell the last week to post their reviews. I just don't get that.
I agree with this. If you're going to wait forever and forever I just don't see the point of joining

beelzebubble 03-06-24 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2443889)
Maybe we need to do the @ mention thing? Sometimes people just don't see a thread when they logon to MoFo, so they don't even know about it.
Maybe @Yoda could add a banner for the HOF when they come up. Not that I am trying to make more work for him.:D

Yoda 03-06-24 06:42 PM

I'm open to it, but would need some notice/it would have to not conflict with anything. Which is tricky because we literally just had to delay the Oscar picks banner to make room for the noir list banner! :laugh:

edarsenal 03-06-24 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2443882)
Originally Posted by rauldc14 (Post 2443904)
I agree with this. If you're going to wait forever and forever I just don't see the point of joining
Um, yeah, me too. Hate that. A lot.
https://media.tenor.com/eh4coYfNJG0AAAAM/nice.gif

Citizen Rules 03-06-24 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by beelzebubble (Post 2443905)
Maybe Yoda could add a banner for the HOF when they come up. Not that I am trying to make more work for him.:D
I think we're OK just using word of mouth and the @mention thing. It's worked for the last 32 HoFs:D

PHOENIX74 03-06-24 10:49 PM

I sent a PM to the following as notice that a new Hall of Fame was starting : Allaby, CosmicRunaway, cricket, culliford, edarsenal, GulfportDoc, Hey Fredrick, James D. Gardiner, jiraffejustin, ScarletLion, skizzerflake, SpelingError, ThatDarnMKS, Thursday Next, Torgo, Wooley

If there are any possible HoFers that I've missed amongst those we can "@" them or let me know - I'd love juuuuust one more at least, but some might be waiting until the reveal to take that advantage.

beelzebubble 03-06-24 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by PHOENIX74 (Post 2443943)
I sent a PM to the following as notice that a new Hall of Fame was starting : Allaby, CosmicRunaway, cricket, culliford, edarsenal, GulfportDoc, Hey Fredrick, James D. Gardiner, jiraffejustin, ScarletLion, skizzerflake, SpelingError, ThatDarnMKS, Thursday Next, Torgo, Wooley

If there are any possible HoFers that I've missed amongst those we can "@" them or let me know - I'd love juuuuust one more at least, but some might be waiting until the reveal to take that advantage.
Try Takoma.

PHOENIX74 03-06-24 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by beelzebubble (Post 2443948)
Try Takoma.
I fear @Takoma11 in on an extended break from the forums - but if she came and joined this Hall of Fame I'll be doing cartwheels around my living room. There's always long-shot hopes.

PHOENIX74 03-08-24 01:07 AM

Here are the reveals for the films that have been nominated up to this moment. I'm pleased that we have something from the 40s, 50s, 60s 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s and 20s - we're only missing the 1970s really, and anything pre-40s. Each one of us nominated something from a different decade to the others.

So, in alphabetical order :

And just a final reminder to @Allaby, @CosmicRunaway, @culliford, @GulfportDoc, @Hey Fredrick, @James D. Gardiner, @jiraffejustin, @ScarletLion, @skizzerflake, @ThatDarnMKS, @Thursday Next, @Torgo, @Wooley and @Siddon, @MovieMeditation, @Wyldesyde19, @Miss Vicky, @John-Connor, @LAMb EELYAK, @MovieGal, @KeyserCorleone - extra time granted due to the two countdowns going on. Would love another nomination or two.

Wyldesyde19 03-08-24 01:28 AM

I’m in the middle of mandatory OT on Saturdays again, so I won’t be able to devote any time to this.

That being said, I’ve seen 5/8 of the nominations.
Haven’t seen God’s Little Acre, Beau Travail or Aftersun yet, although I certainly know of them.

Mona Lisa is one I’m sure I’ve seen, anyways. It looks familiar and sounds familiar, but….if I did, it was so long ago my memory is hazy af

John W Constantine 03-08-24 01:44 AM

Some heavyweights and few underdogs there.

Siddon 03-08-24 03:35 AM

Why wouldn't you put those in order....anyways here comes a 70's nom