Ben Affleck in talks to direct Justice League.

Tools    

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.
WB have offered the Justice League movie to Ben Affleck and there will be negotiations in the next few days. Do you think he should do it? I think it'll be ok if not good, I love The Town and Gone Baby Gone.

Daredevil anyone?

What's the big deal with Affleck anyway? The guy is awful.

The only movie he was good in was Mallrats... and that's because he gets a kicking at the end and shares a jail cell with a big burly man.

Why the hate for Ben Affleck?

Good actor. Great director. Have you seen Gone Baby Gone and the Town? Both are excellent films. His third film Argo looks cool. I think it would be awesome if he directs he is a great director. I think it's his calling moreso than acting.

Daredevil anyone?

What's the big deal with Affleck anyway? The guy is awful
He's perfectly fine as a director. So the directing part is fine and dandy, be interesting to see what he can do with a full on action film.

Saying all that, apparently it's very unlikely that he will take the offer up to direct it.

The hate with Affleck is that he's so far up his own backside, he looks like a doughnut.

He is after all, a man so attractive that he can 'turn a gay woman straight again'.

Ever heard him do commentary on any of his movies on DVD? He talks about them as if they're below him. Absolutely hammers the very thing that made him wrongfully rich.
He not much nicer when talking about his co-stars either.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
The hate with Affleck is that he's so far up his own backside, he looks like a doughnut.

He is after all, a man so attractive that he can 'turn a gay woman straight again'.

Ever heard him do commentary on any of his movies on DVD? He talks about them as if they're below him. Absolutely hammers the very thing that made him wrongfully rich.
He not much nicer when talking about his co-stars either.
He's a good director so all this doesn't bother me.

Has everyone forgot that if this happened they would need 3 origin stories within the movie?

Let alone re-introduce Batman...Affleck hasn't done anything challenging yet, and he's not given any indication of being a comic fan; he's nowhere near ready for this.

Has everyone forgot that if this happened they would need 3 origin stories within the movie?

Let alone re-introduce Batman...Affleck hasn't done anything challenging yet, and he's not given any indication of being a comic fan; he's nowhere near ready for this.
Other than playing Daredevil, of course!

It doesn't matter, the latest news sounds like he's turned it down.

BB... that's like saying Sigourney Weaver is a horror fan because she starred in Alien 30 odd years ago.

I do hope he doesn't take it on. Affleck is an *ssface.

Affleck's refusal to direct films he does not star in bothers me. I do not believe he is the best candidate for any of the roles people speculate the film will call for. The Town was a vastly impressive film and I would love to see him handle the Justice League franchise (you know the ViewAskewniverse players are going to be in his ear the whole time).

Affleck's a talented dude. I just think that he should focus on directing the film, not being in it. Ben, convey your artistic vision without making yourself a "part" of it.

Rodent, I thought I'd chime in here primarily to join you in bashing Affleck. I do not think much of his acting and funnily enough, the only film I've halfway liked him in is Daredevil. But that's because it's one of my favorite comics from days of yore and I badly wanted a semi-decent screen version. Plus, it had Jennifer Garner, who, although she doesn't resemble the comic's Elecktra, is smoking. But then, damn him, he had to go and marry her, which lowered her in my book.

I've only seen Gone Baby Gone, which I thought was a decent flick. Can't comment on The Town, but I want to see it because I've become a fan of Jeremy Renner.

I'm just nervous about all these offers supposedly being thrown his way, like the Justice League movie, and the planned big screen remake of Stephen King's The Stand. Man, I hope he doesn't get that one! Give it to Frank Darabont instead. At least he won't cast himself as one of the leads. I guess he (Affleck, if he gets it) could play Tom Cullen from the book. "M-O-O-N...that spells Affleck!"

EDIT: Oh yeah, Proximity, forgot to say, dig your avatar.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Affleck's refusal to direct films he does not star in bothers me. I do not believe he is the best candidate for any of the roles people speculate the film will call for. The Town was a vastly impressive film and I would love to see him handle the Justice League franchise (you know the ViewAskewniverse players are going to be in his ear the whole time).

Affleck's a talented dude. I just think that he should focus on directing the film, not being in it. Ben, convey your artistic vision without making yourself a "part" of it.

Gone Baby Gone called, and asked what the heck you're spouten about.

He was not in Gone Baby Gone...
You probably read the post right above yours, but continued to post anyways. I'll clarify.

Gone Baby Gone was his directorial debut. The likelihood of a studio providing an actor with his directorial debut AND an artistic vehicle for his acting in the same project is slim to none (especially when it's your "first" feature and especially when the source material is so important to so many people). When you look at his recent projects as well as reports from within the industry, Gone Baby Gone becomes an increasingly irrelevant piece of evidence.

You probably read the post right above yours, but continued to post anyways. I'll clarify.

Gone Baby Gone was his directorial debut. The likelihood of a studio providing an actor with his directorial debut AND an artistic vehicle for his acting in the same project is slim to none (especially when it's your "first" feature and especially when the source material is so important to so many people). When you look at his recent projects as well as reports from within the industry, Gone Baby Gone becomes an increasingly irrelevant piece of evidence.
Except when you're an Oscar winner...

Oh, also, except when you've made a crap ton of money over the course of your career leading to that directorial debut...

Nah, sorry, not buying this.