Movies set in your City

Tools    

LOL
most of Hongkong movie. for I live in HK.

There were just filming Life on Mars outside my office. It's not a movie, but cool nonetheless.

i'm from sacramento california and the geisha was partly filmed here along with chainletter, nite tales, and seventy-five.

The opening scene from "Exit Wounds" is in my city. "Brokeback Mountain" was filmed not too far away as well. Definitely some others, but those are a couple of notable ones.

nearest movie filmed where i live was prob dead mans shoes

Yup, American Graffiti. Not filmed in my hometown, Modesto, (it was filmed instead in Petaluma), but it was definitely set in Modesto. Which is actually pretty sad . . . our town loves its famous son and brags about it, but the movie was pretty much a big "**** you" . . . not that I can't commiserate with George, even now.

The Departed, Gone Baby Gone, Mystic River... see if you can guess the city
Ahaha!

I'll also add the following: Southie

Monument Avenue

Good Will Hunting

see if you can guess the city of the above-mentioned three films.

• Michael Clayton has a bit in Milwaukee , although they could have filmed it anywhere - there weren't any landmarks.
  • Synders Dawn of the Dead is supposedly set in Wisconsin , although it was filmed in Canada.

In Mr. 3000 Bernie Mac is a player for the Brewers , but apart from the scenes in Miller Park , it was filmed somewhere else. (I knew a bunch of people who were extras in the stadium).

In Reservoir Dogs it is revealed that Mr. White (Harvey Keitel) was born and raised in Milwaukee - and he's a brewers fan.
  • Ridley Scott's new movie Public Enemies was filming in Wisconsin and Milwaukee (not super sure on Milwaukee) - for awhile.

I haven't seen this movie , but I guess lots of the scenes were filmed in the old County Stadium.

Meat, if I remember correctly, a lot of the The Blues Brothers was filmed in Milwaukee too...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

• Ridley Scott's new movie Public Enemies was filming in Wisconsin and Milwaukee (not super sure on Milwaukee) - for awhile.
That's a Michael Mann flick, not Ridley Scott.

And somehow you forgot "DeFazio & Feeney"...

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
Closest I can get is Striking Distance that was shot in Pittsburgh, PA. I liked it a lot, and it freaked my little sister out that it was so close to home.

The drama Crowley is currently filming all around Portland, Oregon. Directed by Tom Vaughan (Starter for 10, What Happens in Vegas) starring Harrison Ford, Brendan Fraser and Keri Russell with Courtney B. Vance, Jared Harris and Dee Wallace. They filmed for at least one day at the historic Oaks Amusement Park, just down the hill from my apartment.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
The drama Crowley is currently filming all around Portland, Oregon. Directed by Tom Vaughan (Starter for 10, What Happens in Vegas) starring Harrison Ford, Brendan Fraser and Keri Russell with Courtney B. Vance, Jared Harris and Dee Wallace. They filmed for at least one day at the historic Oaks Amusement Park, just down the hill from my apartment.
That's SWEET!!!! I sorta wish I was you!