MeatwadSprite's Quick Review Thread

→ in
Tools    

i'm seeing too many similarties to rottentomatoes in this board
I'd like to know what basis you had for giving me six negative reputations.

See the trailer here:

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Catch Me if you Can

+ christopher walken is hillarious
- characters are compeltly worthless even the main character
- the movie is all about the things the people do instead of them , but then it has lots of scenes that just focus on the character and they fail horribly
- boring story

D- really sucks
I swear. It's as if the brainless movies make sense to you and the ones that require you to think just a smidge...you're all about shooting them down.

Yeah, you'll go far...
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

i'm seeing too many similarties to rottentomatoes in this board
I've posted on Rotten Tomatoes thousands of times, and I don't think there's much similarity at all. You probably feel otherwise because I imagine you were met with similar disapproval there, yes? If so, I can assure you it's got nothing to do with either this forum or that one; it's because of the views you're expressing, and the way you're expressing them.

It's not enough to just have an opinion. Anyone can have an opinion. Having an informed, insightful opinion (and being able to discuss it) is a good deal more challenging, but this forum exists for just those sorts of things.

There are lots of people here with unusual or unpopular opinions. But many of them have reasons for what they believe, and actually take the time to explain them in ways that make sense. If you do that, I promise you'll find this place to be very accepting.

There are lots of people here with unusual or unpopular opinions. But many of them have reasons for what they believe, and actually take the time to explain them in ways that make sense. If you do that, I promise you'll find this place to be very accepting.
I couldn't agree more with what Yods has to say. It's one thing to say that movie sucks, but it's a totally different thing to say this is why the movie sucks.

You can't throw things out without having reasons for your opinions. Well, you can but the vicious cycle will continue on and you'd be the first to have a red light saber...

Now I'm starting to steal Yods' thunder, so I'll end my post.

Rush Hour gets a better rating than Requiem For a Dream? Am I in hell?
We must be there together

I realize not everyone loves Finding Nemo...but damn near everyone does. Personally, I think it's easily one of the top five family films ever made.
Yeh, i'm gonna wave my hand to not being a massive fan of this one. Not a hater, just not a lover, very
for me; seemed to be visuals over anything.

Originally Posted by meatwadsprite[/qoute

The Lost Boys

+ great ending
+ some good parts
+ some really funny parts
- majority of the movie is dominated by crappy special effects
- horrible music
- lots of crappy visuals
- hillarious vampire rules that keep adding up
- scenes drag on to do nothing

C+ one of the best horror movies i've seen
Eh? C+ equates to 'one of the best horror movies'. Wtf rofl- lol. That's hillarious, ftw. Beautifulll.

Anyway as for thread, i'm not that against the style, having start a thread in a similar vain (short, concise reviews) and i'm sure some of your ratings can be understandable, however you are not.

Oldboy

+ beautifull cinemetography throughout the entire movie
+ amazing , highly original story
+ the hallway fight scene
+ thought provoking
+ english dubb is extremly true to the original voices
+ great visuals never stop
+ characters are extreamly deep
+ great music

A+ another movie i hated the first time , and loved the second time - an all time classic

This seems almost silly to me..........................this thread....................................oh well.

This seems almost silly to me..........................this thread....................................oh well.
Someone just has to put Quickie before Review in the title because that's what they are, i would be happy with that even if i don't like or agree with his ratings, He needs this forum, Don't worry little Meatface, we are here for you

A system of cells interlinked
Done

Idiocracy

+ lots of funny parts
+ all the advertising and fake versions of stuff are really cool
+ great cgi and visuals
- the story really follows the generic brand of comedies that have been coming out recently
- i wouldn't expect mike judge to make such a formula following story which i'm sure he probably didn't even make out to be from the start but with such a high budget was probably messed around with by higher ups

C+ it's unique futuristic setting is great , but the story is laughable

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

+ a few amazing scenes
+ has some dumb music but mostly good
+ a couple laugh out loud hillarious parts
+ cool narration style
+ star wars jump
- characters start to devolope but seem to cut out and not be enough
- boring and dumb scenes with the principle trying to get into his house
- a couple of generic scenes
- some scenes drag on too long

B you should see it

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
+ has some dumb music but mostly good
B you should see it
You have to keep in mind that this was the 80's. Of course the music will be a little "dumb", but that's what kids listened to back then.

Inland Empire

+ the first hour is great
+ the scenes where you can't tell if it's actually happening or part of the movie
- the last 2 hours are just incoherent garbage
- visuals are very boring , and mostly dark in the last 2 hours
- a 3 hour movie that drags on so long it should have been about an hour and a half

D- barley qualifies as a movie rather than random footage

The People's Republic of Clogher
When's this thread gonna get a sticky?

Coming Soon: Tatty reviews flower arranging, tennis, BMWs, The Conservative Party and loads of other stuff he obviously doesn't really like or quite possibly understand one jot...

...in a sentence

It's got legs, I tell ya!