Superman: Man of Steel

Tools    

Viggo Mortenson allegedly lined up for Zod. Definitely got some more interest in the project now. Excellent potential casting there but then i'd say that about any film Mortensen's cast in.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Ready to meet Clark Kent's mother?

Diane Lane is set to play Martha Kent.

Suspect's Reviews

oh, she is a timeless beauty!!!

Terrible idea. I'll take a serious, dark, brooding character any day over some lame ass camp. Want some camp? Go watch Batman and Robin. I've waited decades for the genre to be taken more seriously, and the films are fine just the way they are.

You're right, I think the dark brooding stuff is what made The Dark Knight so successful on that point. I think the problem comes when they try to do the dark, brooding stuff and it comes out crap which happens more often than not. That being said, I still stand by my point that superhero movies make for great summer movie fun and is definitely NOT something that should be left alone as FILMFREAK087 was trying to say.

On a side note, I am one of the few people who enjoyed ALL of the earlier batman movies, I think it was very entertaining how they played it out to be more cartoony in the later films. The good thing was that they weren't trying to take themselves seriously. I'm also not a hardcore comic book reader so I have a little different view than probably a lot of people who enjoy comic book movies.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

be still my beating heart.

Semper Fooey
Isn't she a little young to be Martha?

the lovely Annete O'toole pulled it off rather nicely

I am a little surprised the producers haven't followed the star trek generations model by sliding the Smallville group to the big screen.

Semper Fooey
Lovely, yes, but she was the mother of a teen-age Clark Kent. Superman in the movies has always been portrayed as close to thirty (even when the actor was a few years younger).

well i dont know if the proposed movie is an origin story, or jumps right in to the Superman part.

Sure when you think of Superman you think of

but i kinda liked the Jeff East section when he was a younger version of Clark Kent.

even if for years i confused him with lance guest (last starfighter)

superman needs a redux

am scared for this movie again.

word is that they are rushing the script (again) because they need to come out with a movie by 2012 or lose the rights.

that's what happened in The Superman Returns. they rushed it.

they need to plan this better, write it better... that's Superman for godssakes

you have a point. but i sure hope they don't make it worse than it already is.

okay, i'll cute the first remake some slack, it wasn't THAT bad but far from giving Superman the justice it deserves.

it is a given that Superman is one of the hardest character to write but that's not a excuse to make the movie suck. if they can't do it well, leave it alone.

They can't leave it alone. Marvel is kicken DC's arse all over hells half acre.

You just wait till Christmas Season rolls around, Cap America Thor and The Avengers will be everywhere.

for the kids that eat that stuff up, Superman is old news.

Semper Fooey
I loved some of DCs second string superheroes: Doom Patrol (original). Deadman. Metamorpho, Elongated Man, Creeper, Blue Beetle, Metal Men...

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I loved some of DCs second string superheroes: Doom Patrol (original). Deadman. Metamorpho, Elongated Man, Creeper, Blue Beetle, Metal Men...
YES! I loved Blue Beetle, and the entire Keith Giffen era Justice League are favorites of mine.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

They can't leave it alone. Marvel is kicken DC's arse all over hells half acre.

You just wait till Christmas Season rolls around, Cap America Thor and The Avengers will be everywhere.

for the kids that eat that stuff up, Superman is old news.
exactly! and they're not helping the franchise by coming out with a bad remake.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.

Ever since Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains.

Stumbled across this nugget while searching for something else, thought mofo's might get a kick out of knowing Clint Eastwood was considered to don the red and blue tights.

..oh and James Bond (after Connery before Roger Moore was cast)

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/...pened-he-says/