John Goodman

Tools    

I just realized that this man - John Goodman - has done everything. So I felt he deserved a thread.

Early in his career, he had the iconic role as the nerds hating coach in Revenge of the Nerds (1984).

He was Walter in The Big Lebowski.

He's been Fred Flintsone in The Flintstones.

He's been in Academy Award Best Pictures like Argo and The Artist.

And of course he played Dan Conner on Roseanne for a decade and he's also been in other films like:

• Barton Fink
  • Arachnophobia
  • King Ralph
  • Matinee
  • The Babe
  • O Brother, Where Art Thou?
  • Coyote Ugly
  • Monsters, Inc.
  • Cars
  • Speed Racer
  • Red State
  • Storytelling
  • Raising Arizona
  • The Big Easy
  • Burglar
I find his career very impressive. He's only 60 years old.

What do you think of John Goodman?
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	john-goodman-profile.png
Views:	10812
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	10158   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	5075
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	10159   Click image for larger version

Name:	lebowski_pacifism.jpg
Views:	4913
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	10160   Click image for larger version

Name:	flintstones.jpg
Views:	6518
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	10161   Click image for larger version

Name:	john-goodman-argo.jpg
Views:	3989
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	10162  

Hard to believe he's only 60... the guy has been around forever...

Hard to pick a bad role too... even when he plays a small role, like in Fallen (1998) he stands out... and even though The Flintstones, The Blues Brothers 2000 and King Ralph were abysmal, Goodman made them enjoyable.

Fave roles:
Arachnophobia
Raising Arizona
Punchline
The Big Lebowski
Monsters Inc.

I don't like him as much as the Coen Brothers, but he's a funny guy. My favorite films he's been in are Barton Fink and Argo.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I met him at USC where his daughter goes to film school with my daughter. He lost quite a bit of weight since I first met him. I love all his quirky characters and first remember seeing him in The Survivors. He was in tons of movies in the mid-1980s culminating in Raising Arizona. There are too many others to talk about.

I love John Goodman.

My favorite movie role of his is The Big Lebowski. Walter cracks me up.

But my all time favorite Goodman role has always been Dan Conner from Roseanne.

I met him at USC where his daughter goes to film school with my daughter. He lost quite a bit of weight since I first met him. I love all his quirky characters and first remember seeing him in The Survivors. He was in tons of movies in the mid-1980s culminating in Raising Arizona. There are too many others to talk about.
What was your experience like meeting John Goodman?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
He's very friendly of course, although he's way more normal than his crazy characters. I actually spoke to him first in the john! He wore glasses and was mostly concerned with his daughter as I was with mine. I've never really had a long conversation with him based on both of us being too busy, but there's always graduation if I'm up to it.

Mark F has been to the bathroom with this guy:

You know you're jealous.

Did this guy walk in? -

Just saw him in Flight and he was good. I like him well enough but I feel like he overacts a little bit. He's a big guy and always seems to play a loud character. I don't know if he's quite got the talent to justify the attention his roles get. I do like him though.

For a minute there I had to check the past posts... I thought you were talking to donniedarko... then the penny dropped lol!

I still have not seen The Big Lebowski. I actually bought the Blu-ray once and RETURNED IT, unopened, just because I had this feeling that I wouldn't like it. It was a blind buy. Now I kinda wish I hadn't. But clips I've seen of it online... didn't do anything for me.

For a minute there I had to check the past posts... I thought you were talking to donniedarko... then the penny dropped lol!

Once I was making an ass of myself on the Nolan vs Arnofsky thread and I think it was Brodinski that used that "Shut the **** of Donny" clip to me.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?

Eats like a meal!

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Wow. He's really cute in this.
Isn't he? I'd put a ring on it.