MoFo Lists

Tools    

By the way, I had a few issues importing this one. I think it should be all fixed, but if you guys notice any weirdness, lemme know so I can try to fix it quick. Thanks.

Quick note: if you've filled out the Top 100 Animated List, you might want to go back and re-check one of the films. Vicky pointed out that the database had the wrong version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame on there, so if any of you had the 1939 version already checked (or checked it not realizing it was listed as the 1939 version), you might want to rectify that. Just a heads-up.

Don't forget to add Birdman.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Gah, two different spellings got added. I'll see about merging them. This might require other people to check it off again, though.

Thanks for catching that.

Okay, I think this is fixed. I've even updated the old list updates that had the wrong version. However, some of you may have slightly off percentages in one of those two lists until you go in and re-submit.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Hi, here is one of those occasional and probably annoying 'film with the wrong year in the lists section':

Departures on Roger Ebert's great movies list is listed as 2011 but should be 2008. (I checked and it is definitely the 2008 movie, going by imdb dates, 2011 was the date on the review.)

Thanks! All fixed. Indeed, it's annoying, but more annoying to think of any out there that haven't been caught yet. I have to imagine we've gotten nearly all of them by now, though.

In case anyone's curious, it wasn't reading the review date, it was misidentifying it as another film with the same title from 2011.

I've had a cool idea for a list.

You know how in everyone's favourites, if you click on one of their picks... it shows who else has that movie, and also has the ranking they have it in...

It's probably a mahoosive huge task, but would it be possible to get a function that compiles all of those thousands of movies in people's profiles, and have them in some sort of list based on ranking?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I've had a cool idea for a list.

You know how in everyone's favourites, if you click on one of their picks... it shows who else has that movie, and also has the ranking they have it in...

It's probably a mahoosive huge task, but would it be possible to get a function that compiles all of those thousands of movies in people's profiles, and have them in some sort of list based on ranking?

I think people change their favorite movies too often for this to work.

I still wish we got more than only 10 choices for top movies on our profile. I need a 100

Yeah, I agree. I joined in the Top Ten Themes thread and started changing mine recently, but when they went with a horror theme recently, I changed mine to my favorite guilty pleasure movies.

What I mean is a page that actively changes and updates itself depending on what people do with their 10 favourites.

Surprised The Big Chill is a guilty pleasure, i thought that movie was pretty well thought of. I thought it was alright.

I don't hear much about The Big Chill, but I consider it a guilty pleasure. I think some people like it for the music more than the movie. It has a great soundtrack.