Official Batman 2 Update!!!!

Tools    

Thanks to this years ComicCon, it is now official. Heath Ledger will be plaing The Joker in the new Batman feature film.

Here is what you can expect in the film:
1. The Joker is not going to be like Jack Nicholson's Joker
2. There will be a back story to create The Joker
3. The Joker will not be the only villain in the film
4. The Joker will appear later on in the film

Originally Posted by Batman-On-Film
Heath Ledger is perfect for the role as he has never played this kind of part before which is what Nolan was after. Think about it -- if you see Sam Rockwell or Robin Williams or even Hugo Weaving, you’d know exactly how they would play the role before even seeing the film...

...expect The Joker to be very creepy and very extreme.

The casting in Batman Begins was phenomenal, so I'm going to give Nolan the benefit of the doubt here, even though Ledger sounds like a counter-intuitive choice. My only real concern is whether or not it's going to be skinny enough; is he going to lose weight? Are they going to use CGI (doubtful) or selective camera angels to make him appear especially tall and thin? Or are they just going to have a well-built Joker?

Anyway, this is where I make the obligatory "Brokebat Mountain" joke.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
If Bale lost weight for The Machinist then I'm sure LEdger can do so as well.

Suspect's Reviews

Someone needs their fill.
What can I say, change is awesome.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Hes a good actor, so I can imagine him doing well with this. he was the only thing good about The Brothers Grimm, and I loved his portrayal of Val Kilmer in Lords of Dogtown...oh wait, he wasn't playing Val Kilmer in that? He was definitely Kilmer-esque though.

You ready? You look ready.
I see where the guy is coming from in his choice and I say this shall be interesting. What I saw in the last film was just like "wow." So I'm really hoping for the same or even a topper. Surely can't wait.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I'm not a big fan of Heath Ledger at all yet for some reason, i'm still happy with the casting, to an extent.

www.forumninja.com
I think someone on AICN already grabbed "Jokeback Mountain," too.

Like I said in the other thread, I think it's a very interesting choice. I'm eager to see his interpretation of the role.

its interesting but i dunno if he will be convincing as joker

Chaotic Neutral
I'm loath to comment too much on films based on comic books since I don't read comic books and wouldn't know where in the series to start reading them. I do think many actors relish the role of a villian and seem to have so much fun with it, so why not Ledger playing against type?

I'm upset that I wont get to see Depp run circles around the role, however, I have no doubt that Ledger will act his little heart out and impress us just the same. *crosses fingers* XD

Ledger as joker is a good casting choice it will make for a younger villan which is what I think Nolan is going for. A fresh perspective especially Nolan's I think is a welcomed one. He isn't afraid to be very very dark. His Batman makes Burton's Batman look like how Burton's Batman made Schumaker's Batman look.

Only one thing though. Didn't Batman recieve a "calling card" from the Joker at the end of Begins? Wouldn't that mean that he already exists as a villan? I guess that means they will go back futher in the timeline to come up with a backstory.

Originally Posted by Alchemist
Only one thing though. Didn't Batman recieve a "calling card" from the Joker at the end of Begins? Wouldn't that mean that he already exists as a villan? I guess that means they will go back futher in the timeline to come up with a backstory.
I agree isn't it alluded to that he was created by the gas that Ras al Ghul released. I thought in this version of Batman the villans were the criminals that were released after the gas cloud hit Gotham.

It has been officially announced that director Christopher Nolan is set to direct Warner Bros. Pictures' "The Dark Knight", written by Jonathan Nolan, based on a story by Christopher Nolan and David Goyer. The film will be produced by Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Christopher Nolan. Christian Bale will resume his role as Bruce Wayne and Academy Award nominee (as previously reported here)has been cast as The Joker.