IMDB to shut down...

Tools    

I think they're after something un-moderated like IMDb was so they can troll and insult each other.

They've come on here, got welcomed... and then basically accused MoFo of being run by Nazis because we have moderators... and then left.
And that, from what I could tell, were the nice ones.

No wonder IMDb failed. This proves exactly what I said in my last post about IMDb's Boards.
That makes no sense. Many of us MoFos have said that we have IMDB accounts. I do. The only person on MoFo who ever said anything like that was Sci Fi Slob...a fellow MoFo, not an IMDB refugee.

I for one welcome anyone from IMDB boards here. We need new members to keep this place active and to replace the old members who have left. Besides some of those so called IMDB "trolls" might turn out to be great MoFos

I for one welcome anyone from IMDB boards here. We need new members to keep this place active and to replace the old members who have left. Besides some of those so called IMDB trolls might turn out to be great MoFos
Rodent's referring to a thread where a whole bunch of them came over at once earlier tonight and some were being insulting. One or two seemed okay and Rodent and I welcomed them, but then the thread disappeared and they mostly seemed to have disappeared with it.

Rodent's referring to a thread where a whole bunch of them came over at once earlier tonight and some were being insulting. One or two seemed okay and Rodent and I welcomed them, but then the thread disappeared and they mostly seemed to have disappeared with it.
Oh OK, thanks for explaining.

That was my point though.

We welcomed them in... and they then insulted us by saying everyone on here was hostile, said the place looks like it's run by dictators, and then left.

That thread has seemingly vanished now too, and they have deleted their posts as well.
Unless that was a Mod done that of course but from what I've seen, those guys were the nicer ones of those that have signed up over the past couple hours.

If that's the general consensus of IMDb users, and from my own personal experience on IMDb's Boards it is, then I hope they find somewhere else.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Am I the only one who didn't even know that IMDB had message boards?

That thread has seemingly vanished now too, and they have deleted their posts as well.
Unless that was a Mod done that of course.
I think it may have been a mod or possibly a result of the spam reporting system. The entire thread vanished including my posts. I don't think a regular user has the power to do that.

I know a thread can vanish from reports, which would mean everyone's posts will vanish with it.

I never reported it though myself, so must have been either Destiny or Loner as they use invisible mode.

What's odd though, is those new guys posts are at 0... which is not possible even when reported, so they have to have deleted their posts themselves.

Oh well. It's no steam off my piss so bye bye.

To be fair to all of them, i was just as insulting back. Also i ironically welcomed some troll that followed them here before i welcomed them. Mostly because he was the one interesting member.

To be fair to all of them, i was just as insulting back. Also i ironically welcomed some troll that followed them here before i welcomed them. Mostly because he was the one interesting member.
On the other hand, one or two regulars being insulting shouldn't be enough to bash the forum as a whole especially when others are being kind.

I got into an argument with Harry Lime on my second day here (admittedly I was being overly defensive due to being new but he wasn't exactly being welcoming either). I certainly didn't write off the whole forum because of it, just thought he was a jerk. Now I like the guy and wish he was around more.

I realized you were all idiots by my second day so i didn't really post for about two years until i became an idiot.

Was that when you decided to put a bunch of go-to-default-favourites in your top 10?

? Your top ten is pretty much 80s cheese+modern nostalgic for the 80s cheese.

Those are all favourites of mine and i don't think there's many with Naked or Eraserhead in their top ten. Have you ever watched any non 80s or non trying to be the 80s films?