The MoFo Top Comic Book & Graphic Novel Movies Countdown

→ in
Tools    

The first Rocky is the only one I've heard anything about that makes me consider watching it. But nothing that would give me an extra nudge. For starters, I don't like Salvester Stalone, and secondly I don't like boxing.

I would just like to point out that Vampire Hunter D is based on a series of Novels and the manga came out in 2007.
My List
1. Ghost in the Shell (1995)
2. Akira (1988)
3. Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart in Peril (1972)
4. Lone Wolf and Cub: Sword of Vengence (1972)
5. Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart at the River Styx (1972)
6. Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart in the Land of Demons (1973)
7. Lone Wolf and Cub: White Heaven in Hell (1974)
8. Oldboy (2003)
9. Ichi the Killer (2001)
10. Watchmen (2009)
11. Appleseed (1988)
12. Spider-Man (2002)
13. Heavy Metal (1981)
14. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (1984)
15. Azumi (2003)
16. Mystery Men (1999)
17. Ghost World (2001)
18. Sin City (2005)
19. V for Vendetta (2005)
20. Kick-Ass 2 (2013)
21. Road to Perdition (2002)
22. Battle Royal (2000)
23. Fist of the North Star (1986)
24. A History of Violence (2005)
25. From Hell (2001)
Interesting that you rank Spider Man so high. I haven't watched the Lone Wolf and Cub films but I have read the manga and it ranks among the best stuff I have ever read. You don't like the non-violent Ghibli films based on graphic novels like Porco Rosso, Whisper of the Heart and Only Yesterday?

I haven't seen Porco Rosso or Only Yesterday, but Whisper of the Heart I liked, just not as much as the ones I listed.

I actually liked the 2002 Spider-Man a lot. It is a very romantic film. Kirsten Dunst was my third celebrity crush after Kate Beckinsale and Claire Danes. But to be honest I don't like putting prioritization on ordering. I don't like trying to gauge if a film is slightly better than another or if I like it slightly more or less. One day I could "feel" like it's a bit more, another day I could "feel" like it's a bit less. I think it's kind of immature to put so much emphasis on such superficial evaluations that I'm not even qualified to make. Typically I rate my films by tiers. So I have like a top 10 or 15 tier, a top 50 tier, a top 100, etc... but within each tier I place them in no particular order.

I tried to structure this list in order to the best of my abilities, but if you really ask me, I do not value a movie one or two points higher on the list more than a movie one or two points lower. It was easier with this kind of list though because the genre is more exclusive.

Blue Is The Warmest Colour

Points - 105
Voters - 6/35

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World

Points - 106
Voters - 9/35

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Points - 115
Voters - 9/35

Ghost World

Points - 116
Voters - 8/35

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
The Avengers better not get into the top 10.

Blue is the Warmest Color was my #1. Fantastic movie.

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World was #6 on my list.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Ok,got some movies in my list.

12.Man of Steel
16.The Wolverine
17.Iron Man 3
21.Captain America
25.Blade II

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Ghost World was high on my list.

I haven't seen Blue is the Warmest Color yet, but I have read the graphic novel. It's only alright as a graphic novel but I do see potential for a really good movie in there.

That's more like it. Two more from my list!

I'm very disappointed, though, that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II won't make it. I think on an earlier version of my list, it would have.

ON MY LIST
Conan the Barbarian -- # 1
Conan the Destroyer -- # 2
Batman & Robin -- # 4
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles -- # 5
Ghost World -- # 6
Spider-Man 3 -- #7
Addams Family Values -- # 8
The Addams Family -- # 9
American Splendor -- # 12
Tank Girl -- # 17
X-Men: The Last Stand -- # 18
X-Men Origins: Wolverine -- # 19
The Mask -- # 20
Howard the Duck -- # 24

I should have 20 films from my list show up by the time this is done.

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and Ghost World, probably not surprisingly, both on my list. Hoped some of the great non-superhero stuff would be up at the tippy-top...but alas.

I had Pilgrim as my number five (twenty-one points), and Ghost World at number six (twenty points). Eleven of mine, thus far.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	pilgrim.jpg
Views:	898
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	13715  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

If I had participated, Ghost World would've been my number 1. Sad to see it so low, but the only way I could've come up with the requisite 25 films would've been to throw in lots of crappy filler like Man of Steel and I just couldn't bring myself to do that.

I guess I should just be glad Ghost World beat out Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles, even though it was only by 1 point.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Ummmm Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a classic film. Dark, funny, exciting and immensely rewatchable.

The less we talk about the weaponless sequel the better.

Let the night air cool you off
Scott Pilgrim is alright. TMNT is meh. Blue is the Warmest Color is fantastic. Ghost World is really good, but I didn't vote for it.

MY LIST

#1 - Whisper of the Heart (#42)
#2 - Blue is the Warmest Color (#36)
#4 - Ghost in the Shell (#40)
#5 - Only Yesterday (#63)
#6 - Porco Rosso (#50)
#13 - The Addams Family (#61)
#17 - Hugo (#48)
#20 - Tekkonkinkreet (#64)
#21 - Dick Tracy (#49)
#22 - American Splendor (#45)
#23 - The Lone Wolf and Cub: Sword of Vengeance (#81)