250 Of Camo's Favourites

→ in
Tools    

Reservoir Dogs and Anomalisa are good, though I don't love either. HATED TGTBATU.
I hate that you and everyone else seems to watch TGTBATU first. Well not really you because you wouldn't have liked any of them. Everyone else has no excuse though, you don't have to watch them in the order but each one gets bigger and crazier and less about The Man With No Name kinda; seeing them in order is a must IMO.

If I'd watched in order, I doubt I would've gotten to the TGTBATU.

Of watching it first means I'll probably never watch the others.
Doubt you would either. A Fistful of Dollars is alot.. smaller for lack of a better word with one central conflict and alot of direct focus on Eastwood. If you watched TGTBATU then that it would seem downright simple and understated in comparison.

You liked Once Upon A Time In The West somewhat anyway which is all that matters

206. There Will Be Blood (Paul Thomas Anderson, 2007)

207. Let The Right One In (Tomas Alfredson, 2008)

208. Take Shelter (Jeff Nichols, 2011)

209. Taxi Driver (Martin Scorsese, 1976)

210. Waltz With Bashir (Ari Folman, 2008)

207. Let The Right One In (Tomas Alfredson, 2008)
I love this film. The plot and thought of it was so unique that I even like the american remake.

I love this film. The plot and thought of it was so unique that I even like the american remake.
I've never watched Let Me In. I'm not opposed to it i've just heard mixed reactions from it's good to it's awful, i doubt i'd actually hate it but i'm not that interested coz Let The Right One In was pretty perfect for me.

Great set with two masterpieces in Taxi Driver and There Will Be Blood, and two other movies I loved.

I need to see Let the Right One In again.

An interesting bunch this last one. Let the right one in is my favorite, I wasn't very amazed with Taxi driver but the huge critical applause it gets means that I'll rewatch it eventually to get what's the big deal with this, Waltz with Bashir is a wonderfully stylish animation though not one I've managed to remember for its storytelling, and with Take shelter... I'm surprised about how much I still like the film because, honestly, I think it takes a lot of decisions throughout that I find plain wrong and waste potential. From the lack of a proper sense of ambiguity between the reality and the hallucinations (every scene draws a line that is perfectly visible for the audience), to the excellent in paper yet uncalled for and sort of unnatural twist of the conclusion, to the lack of thorough exploration on the emotional consequences of the main character's condition and his family life. Still, it's quite an immersive ride and Michael Shannon is awesome in it.

211.The Fog of War (Errol Morris, 2003)

212.Stagecoach (John Ford, 1939)

213.Lawrence of Arabia (David Lean, 1962)

214.Submarine (RIchard Ayoade, 2010)

215.Spirited Away (Hayao Miyazaki, 2001)

Love Lawrence of Arabia but I was lukewarm on Stagecoach and I don't care for Spirited Away.

Submarine is on my watchlist already and I'll also get to Fog of War at some point.