The Videogames Tab

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
Yea, for me to even install Steam I had to log into my root Administrator account. Now that was lame. Needless to say, I don't run it.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

The People's Republic of Clogher
Yup, Steam is ass, big time. Luckily, we can play Portal without it on the XBox 360.

Taccy and I were both complaining about it a few pages back, as we both tried to replay Half Life 2 on the PC, with both of us running into Steam-related problems.

Steam is an Orwellian nanny program meant to keep all us crimin...I mean...customers in line.
Guess what I bought today for the 360? The Orange Box!

I was going through a bunch of old uninstalled PC games last night and came across HL2, and remembered the nonsense I had to go through trying to get it installed via Steam.

I bought FM2009 when it came out and there was an option of activating it via Steam (Sega pushing someone else's DRM on to us, in other words) and, hey presto, the 100,000s who bought the game on release day crashed the servers meaning we couldn't play something we had just bought.

It pushes a lot of people towards piracy, I think. The Scene had a perfect pirate release up a few hours later and a lot of people were laughing at me because I decided to give the developers of one of my favourite game franchises the incentive to keep developing.

They were all playing away while muggins here had to wait 24hrs until the servers cooled down, both Steam and the alternative activation method...

The Orange Box is great, but I've yet to finsh the games on it. I enjoyed the little I played of Team Fortress 2. It's very team based, as in, if you don't work as a team, you lose. It seems you need to play with friends for the best experience. I played it with one friend and randoms, not great team work done though we did win one game. Must play it more, when I can get a group of friends playing it.

In the middle of my 3rd playthrough of Oblivion. I've never finished it, due to formatting my old HDD or then trading one 360 for another. I've decided to so the fFighters and Mages guilds. Now I'm going to do the main quest. I love Oblivion.

You want to post like me?
Just completed the main story line of Fable 2... I think.
WARNING: "Fable 2 ending" spoilers below

In the end where you must make a choice between the sacrifice, love or profit, it seems as though Theresa takes Lucien's place as the bad guy; "The spire however. Is mine". Lucien said something like; "You don't know what you're doing". And since Lucien was so easy to kill (one shot), it made me wonder wether this really was the end of the main story line. When you exit the tower it seems as though the game wants you to look at it, as if it's unfinished bussines. The absent of that last big boss fight dissapointed me.
So tell me - Do I need to go back and kill Theresa later on?
Could I have refused to kill Lord Lucien? If so what would have happened?
How much gold would I have gotten if I had picked profit?
The little quests in that perfect place you went to after your dog was shot - did those matter? (I couldn't find two of the bottles).

North American Scum!
Just completed the main story line of Fable 2... I think.

In the end where you must make a choice between the sacrifice, love or profit, it seems as though Theresa takes Lucien's place as the bad guy; "The spire however. Is mine". Lucien said something like; "You don't know what you're doing". And since Lucien was so easy to kill (one shot), it made me wonder wether this really was the end of the main story line. When you exit the tower it seems as though the game wants you to look at it, as if it's unfinished bussines. The absent of that last big boss fight dissapointed me.
So tell me - Do I need to go back and kill Theresa later on?
Could I have refused to kill Lord Lucien? If so what would have happened?
How much gold would I have gotten if I had picked profit?
The little quests in that perfect place you went to after your dog was shot - did those matter? (I couldn't find two of the bottles).
I was wondering much the same things...

Exact same feeling I had when I finished the game. I think they were implying that perhaps there is some unfinished buisness but I'm 95% sure you don't do anything afterwards. There are a some side quests you can do but namely that's the end of the game I think. Possible sequel material perhaps?

I personally took the "save my dog route" and I didn't even hesitate to murder Lucien. I was pretty pissed off that he capped my sister and then my dog too.

You want to post like me?
I was wondering much the same things...

Exact same feeling I had when I finished the game. I think they were implying that perhaps there is some unfinished buisness but I'm 95% sure you don't do anything afterwards. There are a some side quests you can do but namely that's the end of the game I think. Possible sequel material perhaps?

I personally took the "save my dog route" and I didn't even hesitate to murder Lucien. I was pretty pissed off that he capped my sister and then my dog too.
Yeah I did the exact same thing.
WARNING: "fable 2 ending" spoilers below
Also I was wondering about the letter you got after you killed Lucien. "Letter from Rose". I haven't a single clue who Rose is? You know this Ijkky?
If you're not killing Therese in Fable 2, I think that it's going to be possible in Fable 3, like you said, or maybe in an expansion like 'the last chapters', where Jack of Blades returns as a dragon. After all the spire still stands and that last quote of Theresa's; "The spire belongs to me. Be gone!". After which the camera zooms in, and it was at that time I realized how evil she looks. It's hard not to think that, the sister getting killed in the beginning, wasn't a part of a diabolic plan of hers.

I just finished the most beautiful looking, and sounding, game ever. Killzone 2. That game has GOTY written all over it.

Comparison of the first Killzone 2 trailer to the actual gameplay...

MGS4 set the bar on graphics and sound, and then Killzone 2 game in as the playground bully and knocked MGS4 right the hell off that bar. Sick.

so i bought deadspace a week ago, and now im loathe to even begin playing it. its just sitting on my desk. its odd, because I absolutely had to have it when i bought it. does this phenomenon ever happen to anyone else?

so i bought deadspace a week ago, and now im loathe to even begin playing it. its just sitting on my desk. its odd, because I absolutely had to have it when i bought it. does this phenomenon ever happen to anyone else?
All the time.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The visuals in Killzone are some of the best I've ever seen. I just wish the gameplay was on the same level. It's good, but could have been better.

Still playing COD4, Bioshock and Fallout 3 here. All great games.

NHL 09 is one of the worst games to play online. So for those looking to get the game to play against a friend, it will be a huge hassle.

Suspect's Reviews

The King of Movies
COD:World at War on Nintendo Wii is very crap and hard to play.

If it was alot easier then it would be good but even on easy mode it was crap.

Lucky i rented it!

The People's Republic of Clogher
I rented it and am glad I did. Was bored rigid after an hour - Once I got past the way it looks I soon found that everything had been done before. The Zero G stuff was cool but couldn't save it.

John - Killzone is an FPS so, even if it's the best, most brilliantist thing ever and comes with a free Scarlett Johansson I doubt if I'd like it. A couple of mates have it and say it's sluggish compared to Resistance II and COD4, but they can put up with it because it feels like it was designed that way.

I'll rent it, though, just so I know for sure that I don't wanna buy it...

Red Alert 3. All I'm playing right now. Has nothing on Zero Hour or the original.

Waiting for Empire Total War and DOW2.

I wouldn't say Killzone 2 is beautiful looking, yes the visuals are probably the best on any console, but beautiful? With all the greys and browns? No, just no. It's totally bland. Good game, though. I'm playing it on medium, and the enimies are to easy to kill with the knife, one slash and their dead. Way to easy with the knife. Cover system isn't as good as Rainbow Six: Vegas(2) or Gears of War(IMO R6:V has the better cover system,) Another problem, is sometimes(quite often) I'm shooting a guy in his leg or something, but because he's in cover it does not hurt him. Still, I use the knife more than anything now. Only use the gun against enemies up high. I'm really enjoying it though. I am hoping it gets better as I go along, need to try out the online.

I think Dead Space is great, it's really cool, with a very good atmospher. Yes, it's not invinitive, but how many games now a days are? Not many. You should play it Mack. It's very very good.

John - Killzone is an FPS so, even if it's the best, most brilliantist thing ever and comes with a free Scarlett Johansson I doubt if I'd like it. A couple of mates have it and say it's sluggish compared to Resistance II and COD4, but they can put up with it because it feels like it was designed that way.
I could see that with the first Killzone, but not with this one. I have played both Resistance 2 and COD4. Killzone 2 is no faster than Resistance and no slower than COD4 (that game was murder for me in the controls). Tell them to use button layout Alternate #2. It makes Killzone 2 like God intended it.

TUS: What didn't you like about the gameplay? I could have done without the silly tacked on Six Axis, but that's my only gripe.

He's called Tequila. He's a tough cop.
Been playing the demo for Empire: Total War

The demo tells me it is my GOTY already.

Yes, it is that good.

Ask me a question, any question: Grill a MoFo: Dill-Man