THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

Today is best shirt day. I am wearing my new Army of Darkness shirt and my favorite long-sleeve button-down over it.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I really want to take up crocheting. I think I may need a hobby intervention. My reading is already suffering because of my drawing and I haven't written anything new in my graphic novel for quite a while. I don't paint as much as I used to (or need to) and I really need to keep up with my writing outside my graphic novel. If it weren't for the Hall of Fames my movie watching would be suffering too.

I also want to get a good camera so I can start taking my own reference photos so that will take time too.

Maybe I should stop lurking here and go do one of those things, eh?

This may sound dumb but I'm thinking if I have "days" I'll be more structured and get to those things I keep putting off. Like Monday is painting day, Tuesday crocheting, Wednesday movies.... That way I can have seven hobbies. Think it would work?

I really want to take up crocheting. I think I may need a hobby intervention. My reading is already suffering because of my drawing and I haven't written anything new in my graphic novel for quite a while. I don't paint as much as I used to (or need to) and I really need to keep up with my writing outside my graphic novel. If it weren't for the Hall of Fames my movie watching would be suffering too.

I also want to get a good camera so I can start taking my own reference photos so that will take time too.

Maybe I should stop lurking here and go do one of those things, eh?

This may sound dumb but I'm thinking if I have "days" I'll be more structured and get to those things I keep putting off. Like Monday is painting day, Tuesday crocheting, Wednesday movies.... That way I can have seven hobbies. Think it would work?
Have you looked into what camera you might want? A good Nikon or Canon DSLR would be awesome for you. You might be able to get by with a consumer-grade one though, as opposed to prosumer or professional, I don't know how far you want to go. I have a hand-me-down Nikon D7000 and it's a solid camera. I want to switch to Canon though because those are better for my purposes (moviemaking instead of photography). I have my sights sets on a Canon 5D Mark III or 7D.

Anyway, your plan sounds good as long as you can stick with it. I used to try to schedule my time and failed, I'm just too scattered a person.

ever love so much ya thought ya little heart was gonna break in two?

didn't think so

Have you looked into what camera you might want? A good Nikon or Canon DSLR would be awesome for you. You might be able to get by with a consumer-grade one though, as opposed to prosumer or professional, I don't know how far you want to go. I have a hand-me-down Nikon D7000 and it's a solid camera. I want to switch to Canon though because those are better for my purposes (moviemaking instead of photography). I have my sights sets on a Canon 5D Mark III or 7D.

Anyway, your plan sounds good as long as you can stick with it. I used to try to schedule my time and failed, I'm just too scattered a person.
No, not yet. I have a Sony digital camera and Tim has one that is slightly better than that, but I need a camera that will give me really good detail and color. Tim's camera will do that if I can get a good steady shot, but I need one that is quick and won't be blurry. I know nothing about cameras, so thanks for your suggestions. I'll look into those.

I hate schedules too, but I also hate going to bed every night and mentally listing the things I did not get to again. I really want to pick up crocheting too. I know the basics, but want to take a class. The things you can do are amazing. It's much more than grandma's old afghan. My friend crochets and she's actually sold quite a few things. I tease her because she lives in Miami and has absolutely no use for anything she makes.

No, not yet. I have a Sony digital camera and Tim has one that is slightly better than that, but I need a camera that will give me really good detail and color. Tim's camera will do that if I can get a good steady shot, but I need one that is quick and won't be blurry. I know nothing about cameras, so thanks for your suggestions. I'll look into those.

I hate schedules too, but I also hate going to bed every night and mentally listing the things I did not get to again. I really want to pick up crocheting too. I know the basics, but want to take a class. The things you can do are amazing. It's much more than grandma's old afghan. My friend crochets and she's actually sold quite a few things. I tease her because she lives in Miami and has absolutely no use for anything she makes.
I think the idea with days sounds fine, as long as you let yourself switch the days, if you feel like painting on a movie day.

I have a habit of trying to schedule my free time as well. My problem is if I miss one day then I tend to scratch the plan for long periods of time. My hobby has basically become movie watching. Between work, my family, and my church that is about all I have time for. Got to get back on the exercise wagon for ten hours a week this year though even if that means a couple less movies.

crocheting is a great skill. I knit mostly. I only do childrens clothes as they don't take long. In just a couple of nights watching tv you can finish off a cardie. Luckily we seem to be having lots of neighbours and friends having babies so they get the stuff whether they like it or not Most people are mad about hand made things for their children tho , so I get lots of requests,
I'd do a range of things Go. I've got a Sony digital too, but I don't think it's that great in low light. It does great pics outside, and in better light.

No, not yet. I have a Sony digital camera and Tim has one that is slightly better than that, but I need a camera that will give me really good detail and color. Tim's camera will do that if I can get a good steady shot, but I need one that is quick and won't be blurry. I know nothing about cameras, so thanks for your suggestions. I'll look into those...
I'm into photography, have been for years. If you have any questions about potential cameras or lenses I would be happy to try and answer....A person doesn't have to spend a lot of money either.

crocheting is a great skill. I knit mostly. I only do childrens clothes as they don't take long. In just a couple of nights watching tv you can finish off a cardie. Luckily we seem to be having lots of neighbours and friends having babies so they get the stuff whether they like it or not Most people are mad about hand made things for their children tho , so I get lots of requests,
I'd do a range of things Go. I've got a Sony digital too, but I don't think it's that great in low light. It does great pics outside, and in better light.
Yes, they are. I crocheted a little blanket for my friend's baby and when she became pregnant again she requested another. You can just make things so individual and special.

Yeah, my Sony takes great pics outside, but only if they are still. I have so many blurry pics of my dogs and you can forget about taking bird pics.

I'm into photography, have been for years. If you have any questions about potential cameras or lenses I would be happy to try and answer....A person doesn't have to spend a lot of money either.
Yes! I need a month or two to financially recover from Christmas but I will pm you when I am ready to buy. My specifics are good detail and color that can capture moving subjects easily. I think it should work well indoors and outdoors. It would be nice if it isn't too pricey, but I would rather pay a bit more for what I need than to pay less and not meet those requirements. Thank you, Rules.

No matter what info I need, someone on this site has it. From snake guns to cameras. :

No matter what info I need, someone on this site has it. From snake guns to cameras. :
If you ever want to know what # to order at a fast food joint, I am here for you.

Yeah, my Sony takes great pics outside, but only if they are still. I have so many blurry pics of my dogs and you can forget about taking bird pics.
The number one reason why still photos don't turn out is blur from camera movement and/or too slow of a shutter speed, especially when the subject is moving. It happens to me too with our cats. I swear I can never get them to set still. PM me anytime.