John Goodman

Tools    

Funniest line in The Big Lebowski, IMO.

Donny gets it so hard in that movie. So hard.

He deserves respect! He has done a lot.

Good for him, he deserves to be coming into his prime. He's getting a lot of great roles lately, hoping this continues. Would love to see him star in something opposite Alan Arkin.

shut the #$%& up Donnie...your outta your element!!! WALTER IS AWESOME!!! and the guy who plays him is a GOODMAN.

I really like the guy. He was the best part about The Flintstones; I couldn't imagine anyone else playing Fred in that movie. Now, if only everything else about it didn't suck...
I'd have to say my two favorite films with him in them are The Emperor's New Groove and The Big Lebowski.

he's a fantastic supporting actor but i don't think i would ever cast him as my lead. he doesn't a great job but i don't think he has a lot of audience draw.. maybe because he is so fat but isn't hilarious like chris farley

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
LOVE Goodman! From Roseanne throughout so many flicks. He always shines in the roles he does. Real hard to choose a favorite, and has for lebowski quotes:

"You know, I dabbled in pacifism for a time - not in 'Nam, of course,"

John Goodman is one of the most underrated actors alive, and one of the greatest scene-stealers.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Farley was ok... he was funnier when playing it serious though, his humour was best suited to the everyman who plays it straight... I wasn't keen on his whacky comedy.

He wasn't a patch on Goodman though.

David Spade couldn't even keep himself from laughing during the scene.
David Spade: yet another unfunny comedian.

Personally I didn't find the big L funny at all
That's just like your opinion, man.

John Goodman is a great character actor.

He was something else as the pest exterminator in Arachnaphobia!

John Goodman is one of the most talented and versatile actors in the business...the guy can play anything. And how he NEVER won an Emmy for his flawless work on ROSEANNE (pick a season, any season) has always been a head-scratcher to me.

John Goodman is an actor I like a lot, one of my favourites actually from what I have seen, particularly his performances in the Coen Brothers' films..

Ranked by performance:

The Big Lebowski
| Goodman

Barton Fink
| Goodman

Raising Arizona
| Goodman

Argo
| Goodman

Flight
| Goodman

The Hangover Part III
| Goodman
+

The last two before Hangover are small, but really good comedic parts where I enjoyed him on screen.

Voice films, not rating performance:

ParaNorman

The Princess and the Frog

Cars

Monsters, Inc.