The Future of the Special Hof, a group decision.

Tools    

What special HoF should run next?
5.26%
1 votes
Run Musical HoF now
78.95%
15 votes
Run Sci-Fi HoF now
15.79%
3 votes
Run a different HoF now
19 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Movie Meditation, you're wrong about Jaws not being a horror film, among other things. The shark chases and attacks the boat. At the end, less than a minute after it eats somebody whole, the shark attacks another guy! Just look at the MoFo Horror List - there's Jaws at #18, so even if everybody doesn't agree, enough people considered it horror here when we did the list.

I always considered Jaws a horror film. Doesn't matter if it's a man or a shark attacking and killing people -- both came from nature. Both are movies where people are attacked and killed.

Mark, the biggest Jaws fan on earth (and in the ocean), declares it a horror film. Case closed!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The shark is very smart, almost malevolently-so. The way it attacks the men on the Orca, the only way any of those three men survived is pure luck (and the desire for a semi-happy ending.)

I like how you, mark, say I'm wrong about it not being a horror film. I just said how I didn't want a genre war and in my honest opinion, and in many else's, it's not horror. But I don't say the people are wrong for thinking otherwise - at least not while being completely serious. But for me Jaws is thrilling, not outright scary.

Debating genre is one of the most splitted things you could ever discuss, and I said I wouldn't want a genre discussion, and hey, what do I get... Anyways, you laid out your arguments mark, and that's fine, but stop acting like they are the definitive answer. Thank you.

I like how you, mark, say I'm wrong about it not being a horror film. I just said how I didn't want a genre war and in my honest opinion, and in many else's, it's not horror. But I don't say the people are wrong for thinking otherwise - at least not while being completely serious. But for me Jaws is thrilling, not outright scary.

Debating genre is one of the most splitted things you could ever discuss, and I said I wouldn't want a genre discussion, and hey, what do I get... Anyways, you laid out your arguments mark, and that's fine, but stop acting like they are the definitive answer. Thank you.

Well it proves one thing, Mr. Hooper. It proves that you wealthy college boys don't have the education enough to admit when you're wrong.

And there was my sign to leave this thread. Putting up a quote totally going in the other direction of what I just said is not the solution...

Jaws is maybe a horror, Jaws is maybe a thriller, Jaws is maybe good, Jaws is maybe bad, and MovieMeditation doesn't give a flying f*ck anymore. Opinions are opinions and Tongo is stupid. Now that's fact. goodbye

If I get out of here, the chances of you playing MoFo Twister are going to go up.

And there was my sign to leave this thread. Putting up a quote totally going in the other direction of what I just said is not the solution...

Jaws is maybe a horror, Jaws is maybe a thriller, Jaws is maybe good, Jaws is maybe bad, and MovieMeditation doesn't give a flying f*ck anymore. Opinions are opinions and Tongo is stupid. Now that's fact. goodbye

Tongo is stupid?! LOL! Im not the one running around with a poorly drawn picture of Richard Kiel in my Av.

I guess you think a horror movie is something along lines of Friday The 13th, Pfft! Sure its horror, but its not going to scare me like JAWS did. Movies that scare you are considered horror movies, not that you will wrap your mind around that since your reputation of being right must remain unblemished. JAWS actually kept people back in the 70's from wanting to go swimming.

Bye bye.

"Back in the 70's"? It still keeps me out of the ocean, and I live on an island.
You need to see a horror movie that will keep you out of restaurants.

I just thought it was funny, personally, but I didn't mean to start a genre war of which nobody will ever get out of alive.
I know, sweetie, and that's why I made my, "It's an action, comedy, thriller, with a pinch of sci-fi. No *****!" joke.

One thing you need to remember, though, is when you tell a member that they are wrong about a specific fact on a movie, there will be a debate to follow. Even if you state you don't want one.

I only said that it was a horror film, because in my opinion, horror is for the "scare the ***** out of you" unbelievable. I lived in Florida for roughly 13 years. Sharks just can't do the bulk of those things.

Now, I'm just explaining my first post. I promise I'm not trying to attack you and/or your opinion.

Honestly, horror is my favorite genre, and I hate that I missed the "Horror Hall of Fame".

of which nobody will ever get out of alive.
I dunno. I'm doing pretty good so far. Just teasing again.

I saw a Monty Python movie where a guy just kept eating until he literally exploded. It was disgusting.
I'm pretty sure Monty Python doesn't qualify as horror. I mean, it's horribly bad, but it's not horror.

...Honestly, horror is my favorite genre, and I hate that I missed the "Horror Hall of Fame"
Destiny, it's too bad you missed the Horror Hof. But given that horror is a popular genre here (do I dare say genre?) another Horror Hof will run someday. And at some point the Creature Feature will run too and that would seem like a prime place to nominate Jaws ( I love that movie and it scared me as a kid!)