The MoFo Personal Pictures Thread

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.

Hard to resist a big mirror...
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I'd like to see, you guessed it, Miss Vicky's picture. Can anyone point me? I can't go through this entire thread...or even from the time she joined
Be careful what you wish for.

Most recent photo, with my nephew William:

At the renaissance faire a few years ago with my friend's kid Noah:

Getting ready to go to an Alice In Wonderland themed party:

Much older photo of me in front of some of my Fleetwood Mac posters:

Since there was some interest in one of the HOF threads about a painting I did for my nan last week, I decided to share it here. I am not an artist and hadn't painted anything in 2 years, but I couldn't very well say no to my grandmother haha.

Her exact request was: "those fluffy trees like the ones you do, in red. Red and wine colours". Which confused me for awhile, but two family members have forest paintings from me that are quite similar, so I figured she just wanted more of that. I was correct since she loved it, even though I hate how muddy the colours at the top are.

And yes I'm aware it looks a bit like a river of blood haha. The sky was supposed to be darker, more like sunset. But I didn't get it quite right and then it was too late to fix.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
That's amazing, Cos. I love it.

Since there was some interest in one of the HOF threads about a painting I did for my nan last week, I decided to share it here. I am not an artist and hadn't painted anything in 2 years, but I couldn't very well say no to my grandmother haha.

Her exact request was: "those fluffy trees like the ones you do, in red. Red and wine colours". Which confused me for awhile, but two family members have forest paintings from me that are quite similar, so I figured she just wanted more of that. I was correct since she loved it, even though I hate how muddy the colours at the top are.

And yes I'm aware it looks a bit like a river of blood haha. The sky was supposed to be darker, more like sunset. But I didn't get it quite right and then it was too late to fix.
I just read that you were going to post a pic of your painting, and of course I was interested...I figured it would be cool, but that's super cool! I love the use of two primary 'hot' colors... and wine-red foliage and water, how avant garde! Really, I'm not being just nice, that's a painting that would make me stop and look at it. Very provocative and yet as the colors are muted it's also amazingly enough, calming.

But now I feel bad as I was planning on entering an oil painting in my state fair but missed the deadline. That's like 3 years in a row that I was going to do it, but didn't. Oh well! it's not like I could paint anyway. But you can! You should enter that your work in a local fair or art show. Our state fair has a number of amazing art pieces each year and I always enjoy looking and being impressed by what talented people can do.

I'm impressed, Cosmic!

I just read that you were going to post a pic of your painting, and of course I was interested...I figured it would be cool, but that's super cool! I love the use of two primary 'hot' colors... and wine-red foliage and water, how avant garde! Really, I'm not being just nice, that's a painting that would make me stop and look at it. Very provocative and yet as the colors are muted it's also amazingly enough, calming.
Thank you very much! I'm glad to hear it looks nice (from someone other than my nan haha) since I couldn't tell if it was too many different colours of red, or not enough haha. If I was making it for myself it probably would've been bolder, but it's nice to hear that the more muted palette works.

But now I feel bad as I was planning on entering an oil painting in my state fair but missed the deadline. That's like 3 years in a row that I was going to do it, but didn't. Oh well! it's not like I could paint anyway. But you can! You should enter that your work in a local fair or art show. Our state fair has a number of amazing art pieces each year and I always enjoy looking and being impressed by what talented people can do.!
I'm sure you're just being too critical of your own work (l know I frequently am). I wouldn't be able to work with oil. I'm much more hands-on, and would definitely need buckets of turpentine for clean-up haha. I only use acrylic, but have considered branching out into watercolours, especially since I already use water with the acrylics more often than not (to aide with blending, to keep it from drying too quickly, to help spread it over the canvas, or to thin out a paint or create a wash).

I don't think I'd had the confidence to enter my art into some kind of showcase like that, but I would like to do recreations of matte paintings from older sci-fi films and tv series (like Forbidden Planet, Star Trek: The Original Series, Flash Gordon, etc.) to try and sell at the local sci-fi conventions. There's a convention coming up next month, so I'm going to take a look at the quality and prices the current regular artists have. I'd then have until April to make enough to sell (if I decide to go that route).

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

I gotta tell ya, having the muted colors above brings out the detail of the forest floor and "blood" river much more. So does having a more brighter yellow for the sky. Going darker could have caused things to get lost in one another. The contrast works far, far better.
Same about the wine coloring to the leaves and the river along with the dark gray of the tree bark.
Reminds me of a Bob Ross painting with a wonderful fantastical feel to it.
You have talent, my dear, and an excellent eye for perspective and color. And from the look of it, the passion and love for creating.
BRAVO. and THANK YOU for sharing. It's beautiful.

Oh, and @Citizen Rules, even the greats thought little of their work and ability. We always see the flaws and rarely the accomplishments when we create.
Nevermind that the ones we think are dismal seem to be the ones everyone loves - its crazy.

Bligh me! That's a work of art! Reminds me a bit of Gauguin.

...I'm sure you're just being too critical of your own work (l know I frequently am)..
Oh, and @Citizen Rules, even the greats thought little of their work and ability. We always see the flaws and rarely the accomplishments when we create.
Oh, I have lots of confidence, so much so that I'm serious about wanting to enter a large canvas painting, BUT, I've never painted before in my life! But that won't stop me!

Of course I couldn't do anything like Cosmic did, but after watching the movie Pollock (2000) about the painter Jackson Pollock, I'm convinced I could pull of a drizzle style painting.

That's impressive work, Cos. Now make a thread and post more of your artwork. We demand it!

That's impressive work, Cos. Now make a thread and post more of your artwork. We demand it!
I double rep this!!!

I double rep this!!!
Popular demand. She has to comply, it's the law in Canada.

And yes I'm aware it looks a bit like a river of blood haha.
"Just a happy little river of blood, right here. There we go."

But seriously, it looks like it should be behind this guy:

Since there was some interest in one of the HOF threads about a painting I did for my nan last week, I decided to share it here. I am not an artist and hadn't painted anything in 2 years.[center]
We need a new thread. The Joy of Painting with CosmicRunaway.

"And here, we'll put... a little brain in Peter Boyle. We don't make abnormal brains, only Abby Normal brains"

*Cue Bob Ross theme*

I gotta tell ya, having the muted colors above brings out the detail of the forest floor and "blood" river much more. So does having a more brighter yellow for the sky. Going darker could have caused things to get lost in one another. The contrast works far, far better.
Same about the wine coloring to the leaves and the river along with the dark gray of the tree bark.
I didn't plan any of that (I was sort of making it up as I went but had a general idea of how I ultimately wanted it to look), so I'm pleasantly surprised that you guys think it works so well.

Reminds me of a Bob Ross painting with a wonderful fantastical feel to it.

You have talent, my dear, and an excellent eye for perspective and color. And from the look of it, the passion and love for creating.
BRAVO. and THANK YOU for sharing. It's beautiful.
Thank you so much! You just gave me an idea as well. I can make a pile of Bob Ross' paintings, then actually dress as him for one of the conventions!

Of course I couldn't do anything like Cosmic did, but after watching the movie Pollock (2000) about the painter Jackson Pollock, I'm convinced I could pull of a drizzle style painting.
Even if it's just a line of paint on an otherwise blank canvas, you should go for it! I always think of that scene with Mel Gibson in Expendables 3, where he sees some extremely expensive modern art he thinks is hideous but buys it anyway. There's a market for every kind of painting (even if it is just used for smuggling).

 That's impressive work, Cos. Now make a thread and post more of your artwork. We demand it!
Thank you! However it would be a pretty barren thread since that was only like, the 8th painting I've ever done. I guess such a thread could include some of the crafting work I've done (costume props, etc) as well. I'll have to think about it.

Popular demand. She has to comply, it's the law in Canada.
Damn, you're right about that. Luckily, the law doesn't state how soon I have to comply. So maybe don't hold your breath.

But seriously, it looks like it should be behind this guy:
When I started the river, my room mate actually asked if it belonged to Vigo the Carpathian.

We need a new thread. The Joy of Painting with CosmicRunaway.

"And here, we'll put... a little brain in Peter Boyle. We don't make abnormal brains, only Abby Normal brains"

*Cue Bob Ross theme*
I'm liking the sound of my Rob Ross crossover more and more.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
some of the best work come from the work deciding what it'll be, so there's another wonderful aspect to what you can do, and yes, a Bob Ross Cosplay would be freakin AWESOME!!

Loves her grandma, Christine! Adorable.