Mofo Film Awards

Tools    

Well folks, 2013 has come to an end. Sure, there are still some films to see before the Oscars hit, but why don't we prove the Oscars wrong and shell out the real awards for the films this year.

Ladies and gentlemen...

THE MOVIE FORUM FILM AWARDS.

Nominations begin now, simply select 3 films for each category. The film must have been released in some form or another in the year 2013. For example, HER was released limited in 2013, wide in 2014. So it will be eligible.

Simply PM me your nominations and when we have our noms, we will begin voting. I'll leave it till February 1st for people to possibly catch up on some films they want to see, others they haven't, etc. We can't wait so many months cause it would defeat the purpose of the year end voting.

The categories are:

Best Film of The Year

Worst Film of the Year

Best Director of the Year

Best Actor of the Year

Best Actress of the Year

Best Supporting Actor of the Year

Best Supporting Actress of the Year

Best Screenplay of the Year

Best Animated Film of the Year

Biggest Surprise of the Year

Biggest Disappointment of the Year

Most Overrated Film of the Year

Best Trailer of the Year

Best Poster of the Year

Worst Poster of the Year

Best Cast of the Year

Breakout Performance of the Year

Best Score

Best Visual Effects

There you go ladies and gentlemen. I hope to see a good turn out for this and hopefully can make it a yearly thing. Maybe have it be the day before the Oscars or something?

If people want to chip in with some photoshopping of Mofo Statuettes and posters, be my guest. Let's have fun with this.

Three per? I don't know if I can do that. I really only saw about 10 movies this year. Would it be alright if I just counted what I can fill in for right now. Though I doubt all but two of them would even be considered.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
3 is a bit much for some people, so I'll simply assume you can nominate UP to 3 per category.

You know what, I'll allow it. I'm taking over this thread with drunk power.

Suspect's Reviews

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I'll participate as much as possible. I haven't seen much from 2013 and what I have wasn't that great.

Also when it comes to voting do we have to have seen all the nominations like we do in tournaments?

I have to watch Her also.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
When is this closing? There's still 9 days before Her sees wide release and that movie will be absolutely crucial for me to see before I can determine any nominees.
He said Feb 1st.

Finished here. It's been fun.
I will definitely participate, but as others have mentioned I still need to see a few films. In my case it'd be Her,Wolf on Wall Street,Inside Llewyn Davis,etc.

I am the Watcher in the Night
2013s been a bit of a downer in terms of movies, I've only seen about 5 or 6 new releases, maybe I have to catch up this month and try and watch a few of the smaller films.

But from what I've seen, Gravity is my favourite.

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

Excited for this but I want to see Her and Short Term 12 before I nominate so I am glad you gave us some time. I want to see Nebraska as well, but that one will probably not happen.

Great idea!

I still have to see a couple of important films before sending in my nominations, though.

Do Frances Ha and Spring Breakers count by the way or are they considered as 2012 films?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I would say yes for A Hijacking. If anybody cares or wants to use it, here is a list of eligible films for the upcoming Oscars, although it doesn't include most foreign films. If it played its regular commercial run (even limited) in the U.S. in 2013, it's eligible. Film festivals don't count, but IMDb dates films from when they were first shown anywhere, even if they don't have a distributor.

Guys, don't forget about The Place Beyond the Pines. It counts for this! I'll be watching it very soon myself, but I've heard excellent things about it, so just so everyone knows.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood