Gene Wilder, ‘Willy Wonka’ Star and Comedic Icon, Dies at 83

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Gene Wilder dead at 83

Gene Wilder, who regularly stole the show in such comedic gems as “The Producers,” “Blazing Saddles,” “Young Frankenstein,” “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory” and “Stir Crazy,” died Monday at his home in Stamford, Conn. His nephew Jordan Walker-Pearlman said he died of complications from Alzheimer’s disease. He was 83.

He had been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma in 1989.

His nephew Jordan Walker-Pearlman said he died of complications from Alzheimer’s disease. He was 83.

He had been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma in 1989.[/i]
Ugh! Thats the worst, I know hes in a better place now. Both are just the most pitiless horrible conditions.

RIP Gene, you are the Willy Wonka in my book.

Bye Bye.

I always think this guy is already dead. Like, when I saw this thread just now, I wondered if it was an old thread resurrected. Now I'll be sure of it. I think.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Woman.JPG
Views:	1084
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	26797  

I was about to make a post about this. 2016 is officially my least favourite year.

Gene Wilder was one of those actors who I would watch in practically anything. There was just something about him that drew me in. I've admired this man and enjoyed his performances my entire life.

RIP Gene Wilder. Your presence will be sorely missed.

Very sad to hear – I particularly remember how funny he was in Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex* (*But Were Afraid to Ask) and in his films with Richard Pryor, but especially Stir Crazy.

I don't think I've ever seen 1 movie with him in it but whatever RIP Mr.Wilder.

I don't think I've ever seen 1 movie with him in it but whatever RIP Mr.Wilder.
He'd like that .

I just wonder what "complications of Alzheimer's disease" means.
Something horrible man. He may not have been able to feed himself, give himself water, forgot he already took his meds and od'd, just could be a bazillion different things.

It really is disheartening knowing how much Wilder and Robin Williams suffered before dying after being so consistently hilarious in their lives.