Superman: Man of Steel

Tools    

Agreed, Yoda. Routh was not the problem with Superman Returns. I'd say problem number one with that film was not rebooting the franchise. It all went downhill from there.

That said, I don't like Snyder as a director anymore. I liked Dawn of the Dead and 300 is a strange visual trip. Watchmen is the only film representation I'll ever get of one of my favorite works of fiction so I have to accept it, but after that I just stopped paying attention to all the damn CGI. So boring and soulless. He makes films completely devoid of nuance or character. The fact that he's making Superman makes me sad.

More pictures of the super-suit. Still looks like crap. Nice cod-piece, though.

In the Beginning...
Yeaaaah, part of me doesn't like the odd costume accents, but another part of me likes that they're giving the suit an alien (maybe Kryptonian?) feel without really disrupting the basic design of the costume.

Really, I'm just finally glad they decided to make him look muscular and powerful. Christopher Reeve and Dean Cain both had quarterback physiques at best and Brandon Routh looked like a Calvin Klein underwear model.

Semper Fooey
Getting a better look at it that costume looks terrible.

Where is his belt?

I am getting a bad vibe for this movie now.

He looks like George Reeves.

Why is Hollywood under the impression that there are only two Superman villains? Bring on Brainiac or even Bizarro.

...uh the post is up there...

i think the suit looks okay, apart from being able to see his ball bag through the suit .

Semper Fooey
I just noticed something weird about those pictures. Only the last picture has his cape.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
i think the suit looks okay, apart from being able to see his ball bag through the suit .
would you prefer a codpiece?

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I think I'm getting won over by the pics, it's good to see that even if the costume doesn't look like it should, this guy does make an impressive Superman. I have liked all of the films, well, except for Superman 4, and I had issues with a lot of Superman Returns (Superman as deadbeat dad, anorexic twelve year old looking Lois Lane, Clark Kent had almost NO dialogue, there was a complete lack of action...etc...), so I am hoping that this new film will rock my socks off. The first Richard Donner Superman was a childhood favorite, and it had a lasting impression on me for my entire life. I'll probably be showing that film to any children I may have one day. I want this new film to have that sort of impact on some kid just coming up now, you know?

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Honestly I think this picture is crap, but it is a shot of Diane Lane supposedly, someone might find this helpful or amusing.

First look at Diane Lane in Man of Steel

Sep 8, 2011

Here’s Martha Kent! Diane Lane is seen on set at the Kent house for director Zack Snyder on Man of Steel, the new Superman film for Warner Bros.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
From Darkhorizons.com

First Photos Of Russell Crowe As Jor-El

Tuesday October 4th 2011 01:57PM
The first set photos have emerged showing Russell Crowe in full costume for Zac Snyder's upcoming Superman reboot "Man of Steel" via The Daily Mail. The 47-year-old actor plays Superman's biological father Jor-El from Krypton, and click the photo below to access more photos:

^He looks goofy. How does a grown man put on an outfit like that and not feel ridiculous?

Semper Fooey
Why does he have an S on his chest? It is starting to look stupid despite the mostly decent casting.

Why does he have an S on his chest? It is starting to look stupid despite the mostly decent casting.
That's the crest of the El family. All of Superman's Kryptonian family wore that. Marlon Brando wore it in the original Superman.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
People laughing and criticizing the film from ON SET PICS need to chill out.

Suspect's Reviews