Cricket's Top 100 of the Decade so Far

→ in
Tools    

Cheap Thrills (2013)

Independent black comedy that's a hidden gem.

A Serbian Film (2010)

Being one of the sickest films ever made should be good enough. It's also well made and intense.

I fast-forwarded through A Serbian FIlm with no actual intention of watching it, but simply because I wanted to see how bad it was. I think it showed stuff that was just too sick to ever compensate for, but I did see a bigger picture and I understood what I tried to do from the few scenes I saw. Still, dude........

Not seen the other.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
The Descendants is one of my favorite films of all time obviously. I like Silver Linings a lot and it's a close top 119 film for me.

Not seen Cheap Thrills so can't comment on that one, A Serbian Film is certainly twisted but isn't actually that hard to watch imo - sure it's not for the squeamish and has a scene or two that raise an eyebrow but even then one of those is too bizarre to really shock and less than convincing in it's realism anyway.

Looks like I've fallen behind again. From what I've seen:

Wolf Children was beautiful but not my cup of tea. The Hateful Eight was fun, I really ought to watch it again. I want to love Rango, but something about its weirdness and character designs puts me off. Despite John Cusack, I really didn't like Hot Tub Time Machine. I love How to Train Your Dragon but only like the sequel.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)

A great sequel, and I'm not actually sure which of the two I like more.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)

One of the great modern adventure films. I can't remember if it was this movie or The Hangover II that was the last film I saw at the cinema.

Like Rise a bunch, didn't care for Dawn though.

Cheap Thrills is on my radar but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Easy choice for me - prefer Rise to Dawn by a popcorn, maybe even one and a half, Dawn is still mainly ok though.

Flight (2012)

Denzel is the man, and I thought he was fantastic in this performance as an alcoholic.

The Way Way Back (2013)

One of my favorite coming of age movies featuring Sam Rockwell and Steve Carell.

I seen the first two of the Ape reboots. Didn't care for the 1st but the 2nd one was good. Too lazy to look up what it was called, but I bet it's Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)

The Way Way Back (2013)
Hey! I thought I was the only person who knew about the film...I don't what it was about it but I really enjoyed that one.

Rango is really good, it's weird how popular it is here as i don't think i know anyone in real life who has seen it. I liked Blue Valentine, good performances and it was pretty powerful. American Honey . My #1 of 2016. Shame would be high on mine too; it's the only McQueen i've seen, should check the rest of his films out. The Descendents is my second favourite Payne after About Schmidt, good choice. How To Train Your Dragon is the only Dreamworks film i'd call great, should really see the sequel. I liked The Way Way Back much more than i thought i would, Rockwell was great really liked his character.

Haven't seen the rest.

Sam Rockwell's character in The Way Way Back is one of the most likable I've ever seen. By contrast, Carell went against type as a real jerk.

Flight was decent enough, not seen The Way Way Back.

This might just do nobody any good.
One of the great modern adventure films. I can't remember if it was this movie or The Hangover II that was the last film I saw at the cinema.
did you wake up on a roof?

I liked Dawn more than Rise but they're both equally surprising. I love how natural Dawn feels and the extra character work that was put into it.

I thought Flight was competent but it peaks in the opening.

Everybody Wants Some (2016)

So far it's my favorite movie of the year, although it's close. It's just fun to watch.

Gone Girl (2014)

This is a movie that I was really looking forward to seeing. It wasn't perfect at all, but it's very good and suits my taste well.