Film
41.03%
16 votes
Movie
17.95%
7 votes
Other
39 votes. You may not vote on this poll

So "movie" is a silly/ridiculous word to use, but "plonker" is perfectly acceptable?

Okay.
Yeah, not as silly as "Jackass","Jerk Off", and the all time most irritating American swear word "Douchebag"...? And seeing as we British created the English language and Americans hijacked and bastardised it - much like everything else - I believe an American has no room to talk on the matter.

If im just hanging out with the friends ill say movie. If i want to act like a movie snob know it all ill say film. It all depends on the situation

And seeing as we British created the English language and Americans hijacked and bastardised it - much like everything else - I believe an American has no room to talk on the matter.
Seeing as the original colonies were British and seeing how we waged and won a war against England to break free, I'd say we have as much right to the language as anybody else.

Also, this is MovieForums.com, not FilmForums.com... so yeah... if you people think only "plonkers" use the word "movie," then you're all plonkers too.

There is no definition you have write there, as there are many types of movies, films and there are some show's dramas and reality programs must be define something.

im just a punk, i always go movie. film just sounds like older people would use it to me, or snobbish. im 40

im just a punk, i always go movie. film just sounds like older people would use it to me, or snobbish. im 40

The last sentence of your statement makes it contradictory.

Seeing as the original colonies were British and seeing how we waged and won a war against England to break free, I'd say we have as much right to the language as anybody else.

Also, this is MovieForums.com, not FilmForums.com... so yeah... if you people think only "plonkers" use the word "movie," then you're all plonkers too.
I was joking with you.. Jesus, calm down.

I was calm and also joking.

Though even if I wasn't calm at the time, it doesn't do much good to tell me to calm down four days later.

haha you two! Don't worry Miss Vicky 'plonker' isn't anything like ***hole. It's only a affectionate word meaning daft eejit. It's got special connotations for British people cos it's mainly remembered for being in the much loved (by lots but not all ) sitcom called Only Fools and Horses, mostly used by Delboy to his younger brother Rodney

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I always say film but movie is probs better, less confusion

British use film, Americans movie, I'm from Europe and most of the time I use movie

Well in french we say Film so maybe the influence comes from there.