The Mofo Top 100 Television Shows

Tools    

People who say "The Simpsons" has been lousy for the last half of its run don't watch it so how do they know?
That's wrong in two ways. Most of us don't say it's lousy, we say it's nowhere near the quality it used to be. Not even close. Second, we watch it, just not religiously.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Both were high on my list. I was obsessed with old Simpsons as a kid, and as a late teen/young adult Breaking Bad was hugely inspiring and quite a profound experience. I think it most certainly will live on for a long time for the simple fact that it was such an experience for so many people, and will be a great experience for more to come who have yet to see it. I don't care if I'm jumping the band wagon. Breaking Bad is brilliant, genius, one of the best shows of all-time and has the best episode of a television show ever made.

I put Breaking Bad lower at #5 on my list, but it's so low because I knew it would be #1. If my list was more accurate, I would have had it at #2. There was a time when I called it my single favorite show of all-time. I still think it is the most well-made thing ever put to the small screen. Many sleepless nights were spent anticipating the next episode.

The Simpsons was #6. There was a time, when I was a kid, when it was my favorite thing. However, I now admire it more nostalgically. I just never really watch it anymore. Still, I admire it's humor, it remains a fantastic show in my mind and it's place on this list is deserved. Homer is definitely one of the great characters in television history, and Grandpa is just as funny.

And my list:

1. The Wire
2. Dekalog
3. Twin Peaks
4. Seinfeld
5. The Simpsons
6. Fanny and Alexander
7. Planet Earth
8. Band of Brothers
9. Berlin Alexanderplatz
10. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
11. Arrested Development
12. Cosmos
13. Game of Thrones
14. Mad Men
15. Stargate SG-1
16. Northern Exposure
17. The War
18. The Sopranos
19. Utopia
20. The Corner
21. Chappelle's Show
22. Batman The Animated Series
23. Civilisation
24. Frontline
25. Louie

Breaking Bad would have been roughly 30-40. Probably closer to 40.

And yes, Stargate SG-1. It's flawed, and I may have been generous ranking it to get it some points, but I still am a big fan.

Also for anyone to browse this is the entire list with all the shows and everyone that voted for them Tv list
Impressive! I just checked out the link. You must have spent a lot of time working on this.

Godoggo, a BIG THANK YOU for your time and effort on this list!

Another great Bruce Campbell show was "The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.".
I tried getting into it but the Sci-Fi aspect put me off. I have the show on DVD though so I might give it another chance at some point.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
And my list:

1. The Wire
2. Dekalog
3. Twin Peaks
4. Seinfeld
5. The Simpsons
6. Fanny and Alexander
7. Planet Earth
8. Band of Brothers
9. Berlin Alexanderplatz
10. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
11. Arrested Development
12. Cosmos
13. Game of Thrones
14. Mad Men
15. Stargate SG-1
16. Northern Exposure
17. The War
18. The Sopranos
19. Utopia
20. The Corner
21. Chappelle's Show
22. Batman The Animated Series
23. Civilisation
24. Frontline
25. Louie

Breaking Bad would have been roughly 30-40. Probably closer to 40.

And yes, Stargate SG-1. It's flawed, and I may have been generous ranking it to get it some points, but I still am a big fan.

+ rep for including "Stargate SG-1" on your list. I bought the first few seasons at a garage sale last year, and I got hooked. I ended up buying the rest of the series on DVD. I haven't finished watching it yet, but I'm enjoying it so far.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I had 6 of the top ten in my top ten.

My number 1 just missed it.

Suspect's Reviews

I tried getting into it but the Sci-Fi aspect put me off. I have the show on DVD though so I might give it another chance at some point.

I think Bruce Campbell is great in everything he does, but I haven't seen the Evil Dead movies because I don't like horror.

+ rep for including "Stargate SG-1" on your list. I bought the first few seasons at a garage sale last year, and I got hooked. I ended up buying the rest of the series on DVD. I haven't finished watching it yet, but I'm enjoying it so far.
You should watch all the shows and movies and use this as a guide for the order: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...viewing-order/

Sure the other shows aren't as good, but they're good enough and returning characters make it worthwhile.

I haven't seen the Evil Dead movies because I don't like horror.
Oh, gb!

Oh!

Oh, oh! Gb! No!

.."Stargate SG-1"... I bought the first few seasons at a garage sale last year, and I got hooked... I haven't finished watching it yet, but I'm enjoying it so far.
Someone else told me if you like sci fi with good story lines, Stargate SG-1 is a great show. I've never seen it myself.

I don't like horror shows/movies, my wife won't watch them either.
Oh no, Citizen! No! Oh, oh!

No!

You should watch all the shows and movies and use this as a guide for the order: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...viewing-order/

Sure the other shows aren't as good, but they're good enough and returning characters make it worthwhile.

Thanks for the info, and the link. I saw the movie Stargate, but I wasn't too impressed with it. I haven't seen any of the other Stargate shows except SG-1. I'll look into them after I finish SG-1.

I think Bruce Campbell is great in everything he does, but I haven't seen the Evil Dead movies because I don't like horror.
Well it's a good thing they're not really horror. Well The Evil Dead is super low budget B horror but Evil Dead II and especially Army of Darkness I'd classify more as comedies.

Well it's a good thing they're not really horror. Well The Evil Dead is super low budget B horror but Evil Dead II and especially Army of Darkness I'd classify more as comedies.

But are they gory comedies?