The MoFo Top 100 of the Seventies

→ in
Tools    

Hey, some of us "slackers" are still watching movies from the 1970s. Would you rather that we send in our lists without watching classic movies like "Barry Lyndon", "Chinatown" and "Taxi Driver"?
Those three should have been watched months ago.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

You can count me among the Manhattan LOVERS of this site!

I hope it does really well and it will be interesting to see if it'll beat Annie Hall. I personally think it will.

I hope it will, I think Manhattan is a 1000 time better then Annie Hall

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I didn't really like Annie Hall when I watched it, but it's one of those comedies seems funnier in hindsight, it sticks with you. I really hated Manhattan.

I don't rewatch films that often, since there are always so many films to watch for the first time. So most films in my top 25 I've only seen once. My top 2 though I've seen many times and they were always way ahead of the rest of my list.

I'm starting to wonder how many of the 70s list I will have seen. I bet it's a lot lower than the previous three decades.

I rewatched Manhattan the other day, and it still hasn't really clicked with me. I really feel as if it has all the ingredients for me to love it (a romantic vision of New York, Gershwin, quintessential Allen neurosis and wit), but I only vaguely like it. Annie Hall is by far the better film, IMO.

I'd like to tell you which Woody Allen movie is winning....but I ain't gonna. You'll just have to wait and see.

I have forty lists now. The top ten is continuing to coalesce, but the top spot really is still up for grabs between four or five legitimate contenders, at least, and a rash of high-placed votes for something that is sitting at number thirteen or twenty right now could easily catapult another one right into the mix. This is going right down to the wire, I'm sure.

What's really exciting is there are enough ballots in now that the next tier is starting to form, those that will likely reside in the 30-60 range. You guys are doing a great job of mixing it up, list to list and often within the same list.

Purty dern fun, and we've got a quick week to the finish line!

SEVEN DAYS...!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Is this where I submit a top 25 from the 70's list?
The rules are on the first page of this thread. Send it in a private message to me, do not post it publicly.

Thanks, Dude.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	kong.jpg
Views:	1677
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	16166  

A system of cells interlinked
I have all my films chosen, but I am having a devil of a time putting them in order...

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Holden will make an offer you can't refuse to anyone not submitting a list.