Watchmen

Tools    

I place money now on how disappointed the fans of the graphic novel are going to be. The film will have the idea from it, but certainly nowhere near the depth.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

The film may be good on its own, but it will not be the book's story--that much is clear by now. I think many of us were fooled into thinking that Snyder's claim, that he wanted to be faithful to the story, was true. Yet it appears that he never had the intention of doing that: he wanted to make a film that strongly relates to Watchmen but is not the book put to film. Should this really be a surprise though?

I suppose we will just have to see if his claim is right--that the means are not as important as long as the end is still the same. Yet the end is different as a result of the change. Ultimately, it is disappointing that he was unable to find a way to bring Moore's ending to the screen. And it seems that there is a long line of people who will defend and parrot (in propaganda fashion) his changes without understanding what they mean for the story.

Why does this stand ot so much? Wel, how many other film translations will there be of Watchmen? With a unique opportunity to showcase Moore's great storytelling, something has been lost in the process, and what really helped make the book what it is has been canceled out.

Welcome to the human race...
Trying to pinpoint who's in the bottom right corner of the yellow poster in the first poster. It looks like a Nite Owl clone - I'm guessing it's his arctic gear.

Trying to pinpoint who's in the bottom right corner of the yellow poster in the first poster. It looks like a Nite Owl clone - I'm guessing it's his arctic gear.
It's Night Owl's snowsuit.

Welcome to the human race...
I figured as much, although why they didn't use one of the other Minutemen (aside from the original Nite Owl and Silk Spectre) is a bit beyond me.

I figured as much, although why they didn't use one of the other Minutemen (aside from the original Nite Owl and Silk Spectre) is a bit beyond me.
Heh--Hooded Justice should be there instead--or, maybe, Snyder's mug should grace the last panel. I can only imagine what that would look like with his recognizable smile. Or Alan Moore's face would be a better addition--although that might be more insult than anything else and would violate the contractual deal he has not to be associated with the movie in any way.

A system of cells interlinked
So, what's the deal with the legal battle? Is that March release still accurate?

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I like all three of the posters they are cool.

I'm really loving these animated comics , it shows how amazingly well the story works in motion.

To see all this material being presented at such fast speeds , instead of reading through it in a more linear fashion - it backs my argument that film is the most complex and beautiful art form.