The MoFo Top 100 of the Nineties Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Last of the Mohicans didn't even make it. Who is voting for **** like Tremors as part of their best 25 films of the 90's?
Rodent. Along with Die Hard with a Vengeance.

I'm surprised Young Guns II wasn't on there.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Last of the Mohicans didn't even make it. Who is voting for **** like Tremors as part of their best 25 films of the 90's?
Eh excuse me! Tremors is awesome! Didn't quite make my list but wasn't far off, and is certainly more deserving in my eyes than Mohicans.

And as it was on my list I'm sad that Die Hard With a Vengeance just missed out

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Eh excuse me! Tremors is awesome! Didn't quite make my list but wasn't far off, and is certainly more deserving in my eyes than Mohicans.

And as it was on my list I'm sad that Die Hard With a Vengeance just missed out
Die Hard WAV would have been worthy of a place IMO for sure. certainly ahead of some of the ahem 'questionable' films that did make it.

Tremors however............

I admit I was tempted to tamper with Con Air's stats to boost Die Hard 3 into the top 100.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

You probably tampered with the list anyway and just put Die Hard with a Vengeance at 101 so you could make up that excuse and look like you hadn't done anything.

And I'm going to publish the entire list in detail with votes and everything to further the appearance that I did not do anything, so to speak.

Since we're so close to the end I thought I'd share some stuff with you guys. First, here's 101-110:

110. Wild at Heart
109. The Insider
108. Once Upon a Time in China
107. Safe
106. Kikujiro
105. The Crying Game
104. Carlito's Way
103. Tremors
102. Jacob's Ladder
101. Die Hard with a Vengeance
Dammit!

Some more information. The final two films were far and away the favourites, it wasn't even close. Second place was on 35 lists, 1st place on seven of them, and had a total of 609 points. First place was on 32 lists, 1st place on five of them, and had a total of 640 points.

Compare that with 3rd place Fight Club's 378 points on 23 lists. The film that was on the third highest number of lists was Seven at 28 lists in total. The film that was third in 1st place votes was The Shawshank Redemption with four 1st place votes - but compare that with the fact that it was on only 18 lists, those four 1st place votes were vital to its point total.

Let the night air cool you off
Well that's a minor upset. Expected Pulp Fiction to win it easily, but it makes sense in a way. I know some people, Gunslinger for instance, who don't care for Pulp Fiction. I don't know anyone that dislikes Goodfellas.