Movie Trade-off 'game'

Tools    

MovieForums Extra
Ahh, missed that it's all on the first page.

Birdy must watch:

Raging Bull
Easy Rider
or
Goodfellas
OK...I am going to go with Goodfellas. I think I might have seen it about a hundred years ago, so I don't remember much about it.

Usual Suspects, how about:

A Fish Called Wanda
The Jerk
or
Mr. Deeds Goes to Town

Watched mine today, will post up in the tab when i update the movie tab. Even though i forgot to do so for Harold and Maude. Anyway, ready for the next round.

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
Yeah I think that I'm going to let people find partners in this thread and I'll just post them people announce them

And sorry iro i'm gonna watch it tomorrow...maybe even tonight

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

I realize that Swan isn't around much anymore, but I want to report that I've watched MirrorMask enough times now to at least discuss it a bit and give it a rating. The truth is that I've watched the film (in parts) four times so far. The problem is that it's a film which seems to put me to sleep at times every time I watch it. I don't honestly recall this ever happening to me before. I don't know if it's the musical score which at the beginning reminds me of Kenny G or the dark tone, visuals and score which take over the second half. It's also a question of trying to understand what the dream sequences mean. I realize that the film does have a model in The Wizard of Oz, and that the girl enters her dream world to escape the traumatic experience of her mother being deathly ill and the girl also feeling guilty about any harsh feelings she has about her mom. The visuals and effects are all striking, but often they and the "supporting characters" seem inscrutable to me. So, at this point in time, my rating is
, with the visuals and creativity on screen worth about one point higher, but I still seem to drift off to sleep at some point in the film and cannot fully explain every scene in the movie. Another thing I find strange about MirrorMask is that it is so dark and lacking in humor, considering how funny writer Neil Gaiman and director Dave McKean are in real life. Maybe if I watch it and get through without dozing off, I'll come back and add something.