Movies everyone else loved but you hated

Tools    

Ok, you asked for it. Films I would rank as #1 over Citizen Kane. I all fairness, I thought I should only list films from the 1940's and 50's

Best Years of our Lives
The African Queen
Casablanca
All About Eve
It's A Wonderful Life

I have to admit, I have a hard time debating why Citizen Kane was not the top film of it's era..............But #1 of all time? I'm just not seeing it. I guess I will be blasted by Citizen Kane lovers. But that's ok, I think it is a great movie also. I remember watching it for a high school assignment.
You made a good case for 40's and 50's movies but why just restrict it to that? After all, we are talking about the " best " movie of all time, so that would include up to today.

Well, what are your choices for best of all time? Or at least what are your top ten choices. I'm interested to know.

Lost in Translation, can't think of a more boring and lifeless film.

Well, what are your choices for best of all time? Or at least what are your top ten choices. I'm interested to know.
I would have a hard time picking a hundred but here's 15 that have stayed with me:

The Godfather I and II
The Deer Hunter
Lawrence Of Arabia
Raging Bull
Gandhi
Papillon
Chinatown
Bonnie And Clyde
Full Metal Jacket
Shindler's List
Pulp Fiction
Legends Of The Fall
Dances With Wolves
2001: A Space Odissey

And 5 that have in one way or another impacted my life:

Cool Hand Luke
Tombstone
Cincinatti Kid
The Hustler
Million Dollar Baby

Cool Hand Luke.............................."What we got here is a failure to communicate"

Cool Hand Luke.............................."What we got here is a failure to communicate"
Oh ok

clerks was a little boring to me

I would have a hard time picking a hundred but here's 15 that have stayed with me:

The Godfather I and II
The Deer Hunter
Lawrence Of Arabia
Raging Bull
Gandhi
Papillon
Chinatown
Bonnie And Clyde
Full Metal Jacket
Shindler's List
Pulp Fiction
Legends Of The Fall
Dances With Wolves
2001: A Space Odissey

And 5 that have in one way or another impacted my life:

Cool Hand Luke
Tombstone
Cincinatti Kid
The Hustler
Million Dollar Baby
you should really watch more foreign films. You named nothing but American films.

There are several already mentioned that I don't like:

Pearl Harbor: Liked the middle section, which actually covers the attack of the title, hated the rest concerning the love triangle.
There's Something About Mary: Love most Farrelly Brothers movies, but I just didn't care for this one. May have been been because I'm not the biggest Ben Stiller fan.
2001: A Space Odyssey: I thought it was pretty boring until the final section, with HAL losing it and Dave making his journey.
And this next movie, most people I know are split down the middle with loving it or hating it. I'm in the latter category with Se7en. Just hated it.

you should really watch more foreign films. You named nothing but American films.
Ha ha, I guess someone forgot to check out my favorite movies and/or various foreign movies lists, unless Korea, Japan, China, Thailand, France and Bollywod are all home to you.
By the way , I love your avatar . It's so original.

Incredible HULK

I've deleted a number of posts in this thread. Nothing was being served by the argument in question. If you don't like someone's list, please be constructive in making suggestions. Thanks.

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
There are several already mentioned that I don't like:

Pearl Harbor: Liked the middle section, which actually covers the attack of the title, hated the rest concerning the love triangle.
There's Something About Mary: Love most Farrelly Brothers movies, but I just didn't care for this one. May have been been because I'm not the biggest Ben Stiller fan.
2001: A Space Odyssey: I thought it was pretty boring until the final section, with HAL losing it and Dave making his journey.
And this next movie, most people I know are split down the middle with loving it or hating it. I'm in the latter category with Se7en. Just hated it.

Se7en? Really? I realize it's an opinion, but why do you hate it? I'm curious.

Slumdog millionar, no country for old men, Curios Case of benjiman button, To Kill a mockingbird, and o mice and men

Butterflies Forever
Hi,

I don't see how some people can think "Titanic" was a bad film. It was a great 94 min movie. It is just to bad it was 194 min long lol.

Here are my thoughts on Movies others loved but I hated

Quest for Fire
Cast Away
The Color Purple
Pollyanna
Inception

I think the biggest one for me is. What is so great about Rocky?

Sami

I hate Citizen Kane. I know many say its the greatest movie ever made, but I think it's complete garbage.