Favorite Movie President?

Tools    

Oh, I can think of much better performances as President than the 4 listed for this "poll".

For instance, Peter Sellers as the fictional President Merkin Muffley in Dr. Strangelove (1964) . . .

Or Raymond Massey as President Lincoln in Abe Lincoln in Illinois (1940) and How the West Was Won (1962) . . .

Walter Huston did a great Abe Lincoln in Abraham Lincoln (1930) and he was rambuncious as the fictional President Judson Hammond in a strange little film, Gabriel Over the White House (1930) . . .

Another great performance: Henry Fonda as Young Mr. Lincoln (1939). However, Fonda delivered a much better performance as a president under pressure in Fail-Safe in the 1960s.

I've always like President Andy Jackson and Charton Heston played him perfectly in The President's Lady (1953) and The Buccaneer (1958) . . .

Randy Quaid was very much like Lyndon Johnson in LBJ: The Early Years . . .

James Whitmore looked and sounded a lot like President Harry Truman in Give 'em Hell, Harry! (1975) . . .

And Fredric March was right on the money as the pressured President Jordan Lyman in Seven Days in May . . .

However, my two favorite presidental performances on film are Ralph Bellamy as FDR trying to overcome paralysis in Sunrise at Campobello (1960) and--the best of them all--Brian Keith who captured the charm and force of Teddy Roosevelt in The Wind and the Lion (1975). Ah, you just can beat the Roosevelts for interesting life stories.

Of course, the memories of a lot of people in this forum don't stretch that far back, thus the short lackluster list of candidates for the poll.

Semper Fooey
William Devane as John Kennedy in the TV movie The Missles of October.

Happy New Year from Philly!
For fictional president I chose Henry Fonda in Fail-Safe.
For actual president I choose Henry Fonda in Young Mr. Lincoln.

Fonda for the win! Fonda! Fonda! Fonda!

I don't know. I am just a fan of the real Franklin D. Roosevelt and I am also a fan of Kate Beckinsale. I guess Jon Voight did an okay job portraying Franklin Roosevelt.

Im gonna go with Josh Brolin in "W."

OUR INDEPENDENCE DAY!

Priceless, but I'm a fan of Micheal Douglas, too. Harrison Ford is entertaining, i.e. "GET OFF MY PLANE!"

I guess I have to abstain from this one.

I liked Jeff Bridges in The Contender. I would totally want Bridges as the president haha! I also loved Anthony Hopkins' portrayal of Richard Nixon in Nixon. He was incredible in that

My vote is for number 4. Morgan Freeman (Deep Impact)

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Bill Pullman would be my choice from that list just for his rousing speech, but my favorite movie presidents?

Douglas Dilman-The Man (1972)

Richard Nixon-Frost/Nixon (2008)/Nixon (1995)

morgan Freeman

1. Henry Fonda Fail-Safe
  2. Bill Pullman Independence Day
  3. Harrison Ford Air Force One
  4. Michael Douglas The American President
  5. Lloyd Bridges Hot Shots! Part Deux

I liked Jeff Bridges in The Contender. I would totally want Bridges as the president haha! I also loved Anthony Hopkins' portrayal of Richard Nixon in Nixon. He was incredible in that
You beat me to it with The Contender. Also agree on Hopkins as Nixon.

I gotta go with President Jackson Evans, played by Jeff Bridges, in The Contender

I said the same thing.