Tenacious D

Tools    

You guess heard these guys?
I started to buy their cd the other day, but.....

are they any good?

Jack Black has a great voice on High Fidelity, and even in the opening song they do on the MTV MovieAwards "Movies kick ass" was good....
buy it? yay or ney?

Yes, Tenacious D are indeed awesome. The best Heavy Metal/Accoustic Folk duo ever! Their songs are both catchy and funny. If you can track down their six fifteen-minute TV episodes that were aired on HBO in the late '90s, you're in for an even bigger treat: hysterical stuff.

But on the music alone, yeah, I recommend 'em. JB & KG are "it", Baby! You wouldn't break up Tango & Cash, would you? And remember: this isn't the greatest song in the world, this is only a tribute!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by FiLm Fr3aK
I started to buy their cd the other day, but.....

They've been around awhile, it's good, funny...weird stuff. Don't go expecting cover tunes of motown though, their albums are way different then the "band" Jack Black played a character for in High Fidelity.

I would express my adoration for the D, but it's been eloquently expressed already.

"Your sauce will mix with ours
And we'll make a good goulash, baby"

They rock my world. I would only hope that they would do the same for you, FF.

my goodness... did my typing suck that day or what? what kind of question was that... HAHAHA....

thanks for being polite and answering, though the question barely made sense..... hahahaha.......

their albums are way different then the "band" Jack Black played a character for in High Fidelity
I figured as much. I saw a video for them called WonderBoy and thought it was great. I'll pick it up today after work. Thanks for the input.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
i love the D dudes they rock! i downloaded some of their songs: jesus ranch, special things, my biznitch is the shiznitch

they're sooo good
and im not sure if its tenacious D but when i searched for them this song came up: I'm the only Gay Eskimo by Corky and the juice pigs