The Remaining Days of 2008 - What Films Will You Be Looking Forward to Seeing in 2009

Tools    

What 2009 film are you wanting to see?
0%
0 votes
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen
0%
0 votes
The Pink Panther 2
0%
0 votes
Friday the 13th
12.00%
3 votes
Star Trek
60.00%
15 votes
Watchmen
0%
0 votes
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
8.00%
2 votes
Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins
12.00%
3 votes
The Wolf Man
0%
0 votes
Dragon Ball
8.00%
2 votes
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
25 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Have you seen the trailer for Star Trek, Yoda? That should give youa good idea of what to expect, or at least it did me.

The Wolf Man. I wasn't originally that interested until I saw the pictures of the new Wolf Man. Pretty much the only film im looking forward to at all in 09. Also, nice to see a 40's remake being made as nowadays the remakes are usually of 70's/80's films.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
What is especially exciting about the Wolf Man is the style being that of the 40s horror film. I really hope they are able to capture the magic of those early horror films and it looks like they are trying to.

terminator
transformers
xmen
watchmen

Voting Results:

1st Place - Watchmen
2nd Place - Star Trek
3rd Place - The Wolf Man
4th Place - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
5th Place - Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins
6th Place - Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen
7th Place - The Pink Panther 2
8th Place - Friday the 13th
9th Place - X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Last Place - Dragon Ball

Watchman, followed by a film that you did not list. Namely, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

Movie Forums Extra
My list:

1. Watchmen
Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince
Transformers 2
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins
The Wolf Man

Although I'm still not excited about most of the upcoming films for the year 2009, I recently saw a youtube trailer of the upcoming movie What Doesn't Kill You, starring Amanda Peet, Mark Wahlberg, and a bunch of others, which I'm looking forward to seeing.

Well, filming is done for Watchmen so it's a pretty known fact from common sense that a lot of critics have seen it already. Kevin Smith saw it, but I cannot remember if he gave it a positive or negative review. Could somebody refresh my memory a little bit here?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'm pretty sure that Kevin Smith saw an unfinished version of Watchmen, and by the way, he loved it. I also believe that he probably got to see it because he requested it. Film critics in general have certainly not seen it because with six months left to release date, the filmmakers would still have plenty of things to work on, including vocal dubbing, musical score, sound effects, visual F/X, editing, etc.

I do not give a rat's ass what Kevin Smith has to say about Watchmen. Short of seeing the picture myself, only the opinion of Alan Moore himself will serve to assuage my anxiety.