New Forum Features

Tools    

Odd. Works fine for me. I'll try to figure out what's wrong.

Well, if you have the option for the entire board set to one signature per thread, and we have it set to no, show the signature every time, in our edit options . . .

Signatures Only Shown Once:

If this option is set to yes then signatures will only be displayed once per page.

. . . then that is probably why it is glitching. I have mine set to no, show all of them. If you can delete that selection from our edit options, like you did with the signature picture setup, then that glitch will probably disappear.

I wish we could do our comments, like our PMs. Where we delete the ones we don't want, and keep the others. Instead of only being able to see the last 10.
Finally got around to doing this today.

Try it out.

Good news, too: the system doesn't actually delete the comments, it just stops them from showing up, so they can be recovered down the line if need be.

Finally got around to doing this today.

Try it out.

Good news, too: the system doesn't actually delete the comments, it just stops them from showing up, so they can be recovered down the line if need be.
That is great. Thanks allot!
Yeah, I tested that once, blocked 3 names, and then the older comments reappeared. Then I thought, "I wonder if those people know I just blocked them?!? Oops!"

Is it possible to have images as your signature? I've tried html and vb code and it ain't having it!
No, imagines in the signature aren't allowed. This was a choice we made pretty early on, given that it has the potential to create quite a bit of clutter/loading/scrolling.

No, imagines in the signature aren't allowed. This was a choice we made pretty early on, given that it has the potential to create quite a bit of clutter/loading/scrolling.
I am glad you are not going to give in, on that I hate the clutter it causes, when you come here you can see the post straight away no distractions

The People's Republic of Clogher
I am glad you are not going to give in, on that I hate the clutter it causes, when you come here you can see the post straight away no distractions
There have been some who dared flaunt the Subtle Sigs rule (remember Firegod's pages of utter nonsense?) but The Lord Yod came down from his mountain (bike) and smote tham like they'd never been smitten (smoted? smited? I'm no good at this ) before...

This place is all the better for it.

I noticed a little green message saying "saving message" pops up near the box as I'm making a reply. How do you access your message if the forum boogers?

Images in your sigs? I'm not a big fan of the idea unless you can put boobies in them. Real boobies. None of that junk Nebbit flaunts around. Those things are too small to be real.

Speaking of signatures.... Is anyone trying to solve my MOVIE TITLE JUMBLE? I may have to close that case and label it as an unsolved mystery.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Gotta agree with neb here; it can really clutter up a forum quickly. I can understand the desire to have them, but I've given it a lot of thought over the years and really believe the cost outweights the benefit.

I noticed a little green message saying "saving message" pops up near the box as I'm making a reply. How do you access your message if the forum boogers?
You should be able to simply reload the same page, and the last saved version should be inside the message box already.

Speaking of signatures.... Is anyone trying to solve my MOVIE TITLE JUMBLE? I may have to close that case and label it as an unsolved mystery.
I would've but since i'd never heard of last one, not gone for this one as much. Unless it's Madame Ricu

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Personally, the site would function fine without the gizmos and gadgets that are added on. I've been to a few other sites and things like images in signatures just make it really hard to find what you're looking for.

Keeping things not so much simple, but organized helps visitors to the site if they're just looking for a quick review or whatever, adding to that would just make it harder for someone not familiar with the site to find what they need.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Any chance that new features will allow users to julianne fries, get rid of embarrassing age spots, organize kitchen clutter, improve cardiovascular and respiratory health, file your taxes, mow the lawn, whiten your teeth while you sleep, thicken thinning hair, taste as good as delivery, reach things on the top shelf, add ten to twenty miles per gallon, clean your floor in seconds without scrubbing and relieve the the heartbreak of psoriasis? Does it make a great gift? If I act now can I get a second MoFo at no extra charge? Are operators standing by? Are those operators hot, sexy, lonely girls with loose morals and a willingness to talk dirty until I...finish?

Well, then, I guess there are still many more improvements to be made, aren't there?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Holden makes a fine, albeit subtle, point. I don't know exactly when a forum becomes more about the forum experience than the topic of the forum itself, but I've seen it happen, and it always spells doom. Talking about movies has to be the most important thing.

That's one of the reasons I ditched the old rep system and all the dots/bars, actually. Or why, years ago, posts in the Intermission forum didn't count against user totals. I didn't want this site to be about post counts or rankings or other superficial measures of standing and tenure. These things can come to dominate a forum's discussion, even to the point where community rules and makeshift hierarchies receive more attention than the site's topic.

I don't know exactly where the perfect balance is, but I'd rather err a bit more on the side of the things Spud's talking about: being easy to use, well-moderated, and well-organized.

I agree except for being able to julianne fries, this should be a given on any standard forum.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I remember where there was a time when there were a few post counters, who relied on their number of posts as a means of being "experienced" or "knowledged", who cares. We all started out at 1.