Forum software upgraded

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
OH, and my Rep in the UserCP is definitely not working. (Again, you have that crossed out like it's fixed.)

No hurry -- just reporting it as I see it.

OH, and my Rep in the UserCP is definitely not working. (Again, you have that crossed out like it's fixed.)

No hurry -- just reporting it as I see it.

You mean no positive and -1 is not right?

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by Austruck
What does "Multi-Quote This Message" mean? I clicked it and it just turned red instead of blue, but nothing happened. Do you have to be in an advanced reply window for that to work??

If it's what it sounds like, I'd LOVE this feature I hope I'm right!
What you do is, you click those buttons for each post you wish to quote and then you push 'Post Reply' button. It puts those quotes in your new reply. Awesome feature, if I do say so myself.

Great job, Yoda. Still some bugs to work out but, I like the new stuff.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Yep, I am having trouble with My Favorite Movies to. I type them in a hit done and then everything goes blank and it is all gone. Am I doing something wrong or is it just a glich in the new system?

What does "Multi-Quote This Message" mean? I clicked it and it just turned red instead of blue, but nothing happened. Do you have to be in an advanced reply window for that to work??

If it's what it sounds like, I'd LOVE this feature I hope I'm right!
It allows you to quote multiple messages at once. Just click the multi-quote button on each post you'd like to quote, then reply, and all the quotes will be in the message area already.

Cooler still is the fact that you can leave the thread and come back, and they should still be toggled. You can even go off and select other posts in other threads, and the next time you reply to ANY thread, the quotes from that thread will be there, with a notice below the message area informing you that you've selected quotes from other posts, as well, and asking you if you want to include them.

Regarding the features that are "crossed off" but not fixed; there's actually a bit of a misunderstanding here. The rep system was completely gone at first; no thumbs to click on or anything. That is what was fixed, which is why it's crossed off. Ditto for favorite movies; the ability to add and update them was gone, but has since been fixed.

Ummm...if I click on the Favorite Movies in my own posts, nothing happens. Is it supposed to go somewhere? To my own list to edit? It does nada. (It's an old bug but I mention it because you have it crossed off like it's fixed.)
I'm unable to duplicate this; I can see my favorites as well as others. What browser are you using? Is it IE7? Were you able to see the favorite movies before the upgrade?

Yep, I am having trouble with My Favorite Movies to. I type them in a hit done and then everything goes blank and it is all gone. Am I doing something wrong or is it just a glich in the new system?
I just made a change that might address this. Could you try it again and let me know how it goes?

It allows you to quote multiple messages at once. Just click the multi-quote button on each post you'd like to quote, then reply, and all the quotes will be in the message area already.
Actually that's kind of sweet. Saves you from opening this forum again in another window just to track down all the posts you want to copy and paste to your one post.

okay, just two things. the quick replies seem to auto-title themselves "re:thread title" not huge just a little annoying to delete. but the bigger annoyance is that the button to go to the end of a thread is broken, just takes you to first post, not last one.

Will the Shoutbox be up in time for the Oscars?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

okay, just two things. the quick replies seem to auto-title themselves "re:thread title" not huge just a little annoying to delete. but the bigger annoyance is that the button to go to the end of a thread is broken, just takes you to first post, not last one.
Button fixed.

The auto-title was a decision, actually, rather than a bug. Most people leave the title fields blank, which can muck up the occasional search result ever so slightly. I assumed that people who left them blank did so out of indifference, as I couldn't think of a reason they would specifically desire that they be left blank. Let me know if I'm missing something.

Will the Shoutbox be up in time for the Oscars?
Read my mind. All ready to go. What's an Oscar night without a box to shout in?

A lot of the 'Quick Links' aren't working.
I've taken down the "Chat Room" one. The other two -- Post Ratings and Glossary -- will follow before long, but are relatively low priority compared to the board's more basic functions, naturally.

Button fixed.

The auto-title was a decision, actually, rather than a bug. Most people leave the title fields blank, which can muck up the occasional search result ever so slightly. I assumed that people who left them blank did so out of indifference, as I couldn't think of a reason they would specifically desire that they be left blank. Let me know if I'm missing something.

Read my mind. All ready to go. What's an Oscar night without a box to shout in?

I've taken down the "Chat Room" one. The other two -- Post Ratings and Glossary -- will follow before long, but are relatively low priority compared to the board's more basic functions, naturally.
awsome, thanks Chris. Man I wish you worked on the other sites I visited, it takes forever for anything to be fixed.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Chris, when you're a big ass corporation executive, will you hire me?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

The Adventure Starts Here!
He's a big ass already, Piddy. Oops, wait, that's not what you meant.

Yoda, I was hoping the Multi-Quote thing would let you break up someone's previous post into multiple little things you could reply to off and on. As it is now, you have to go back and add in the end-quote HTML stuff and then opening-quote HTML stuff to every part you want to quote -- assuming you want to break up a post into bits and pieces and respond to the pieces separately.

Oh well -- not what I was hoping for, but still a cool feature.

As for my Favorite Movies -- I'm fairly sure clicking on my own (in one of my posted replies in a thread, not the UserCP) brought up my list before. Although I couldn't swear to that, no. Now, clicking on someone's list in their post works, but clicking on my own does not.

And yes, I use IE 7 (I'm poised to go ALL VISTA ALL THE TIME, BABY! Got it on the laptop and next will transition the desktop computer too.).

In the Beginning...
Ummm...if I click on the Favorite Movies in my own posts, nothing happens. Is it supposed to go somewhere? To my own list to edit? It does nada. (It's an old bug but I mention it because you have it crossed off like it's fixed.)
Yeah, I'm having the same problem. You can access your list page now to edit, but when you click "OK," the list clears; and nothing shows up under your Favorite Movies tab.

It sounds like you guys are talking about two seperate things to me; Sleezy, you can't add your favorite movies. My understanding is that Austruck can, but simply cannot view them on her own posts.

I'll have to look into this further. This is tricky, because I'm unable to duplicate the problem; I can see Austruck's favorite movies, as well as everyone else's, and I can certainly add and update my own.

Sleezy: what browser are you using? Also, are you making sure to hit the Submit button? Just hitting enter/return might not do it.

In the Beginning...
Sleezy: what browser are you using? Also, are you making sure to hit the Submit button? Just hitting enter/return might not do it.
I'm using Internet Explorer; and yeah, I tried twice clicking the Submit button just to be sure.

EDIT: I just tried again, this time using Firefox, and still no dice.

Okay, I've made a slight change. Don't know if it'll help, but if you guys could give it another try and let me know what happens, I'd appreciate it.

Okay, I've made a slight change. Don't know if it'll help, but if you guys could give it another try and let me know what happens, I'd appreciate it.
Nothing yet. Sorry!