Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Forum software upgraded (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=12901)

Yoda 02-24-07 12:10 AM

Forum software upgraded

Hey everyone,

Sorry about the downtime; this time it was planned, however, as we were overdue for a software upgrade. You'll see some new features (and some more polished old ones) over the next 24 hours or so, most likely, but until then you'll see lots of bugs, too; broken images and the like. If you see anything more significant than a broken image, or something like the Shoutbox/reviews/box office updates missing, please post it here.

EDIT: here's a list of all reported bugs. Please try to avoid posting a bug that is already on this list. Fixed items have been crossed out:
  • Some users cannot edit Favorite Movies
  • Some users cannot view Favorite Movies dropdowns
  • User CP is missing items
  • Post ratings breakdown page broken
  • Glossary page broken
  • Some posts say "Thanks!" when they shouldn't
  • Rep totals in User CP broken
  • Shoutbox missing (mentioned above, in intial post)
  • Unable to edit favorite movies
  • "Last page" link leads to first page of threads
  • "Go to last page" button leads to first page of threads
  • Quick reply box gone
  • "X number of posts since your last visit" total lists all posts
  • Edit signature broken
  • "Happy Birthday/I Love You" code broken
  • New post rating/reputation system down
  • Can't send PMs
  • Can't edit posts
  • "View Spoilers" link doesn't work

jrs 02-24-07 01:50 AM

Hey Chris, when you update are you going to delete the DVD link on top? The news is totally old. Oh, what about what we talked about. Any plans on that? :)

Naisy 02-24-07 05:24 AM

Im missing the shoutbox C-man

EDIT: and it appears my signature has gone criminally insane as well

diamondgeeza 02-24-07 07:00 AM

The quick reply box at the bottom of thescreen has gone missing and my user cp screen is blank!!

adidasss 02-24-07 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by diamondgeeza (Post 361248)
The quick reply box at the bottom of thescreen has gone missing and my user cp screen is blank!!
Same here, and the shoutbox has gone a-wall tambien.

diamondgeeza 02-24-07 07:43 AM

Oh yeah apparently there have been 359667 new posts since my last visit at 1 o'clock this morning, lol!

SpoOkY 02-24-07 09:51 AM

Speaking of signatures. Does Firegod usually have 296 quotes in his signature??? It makes each thread page really long!

Check it out

Oh and I'm digging the new options in the posting window. The size of fonts and colour choice is cool. There's still more features not appearing but yeah like you said Chris it's a work in progress. Looking good tho!

Thursday Next 02-24-07 12:00 PM

This may or may not be down to the software upgrade, but the rate post function seems to be missing and if I click on 'last' to go to the last page of a long thread it takes me to the first page regardless. Anyon else getting this?

John McClane 02-24-07 12:01 PM

Holy Crap!! This is weird. :)

None of the posting editing buttons work for me.

gummo 02-24-07 12:29 PM

What I see so far:
quick reply is missing
359677 new posts since your last visit
all the editing buttons are screwy
the shoutbox is missing
the rating the post thing is missing
in the User CP my rating is missing as well as the comments and I can't view my messages
On the thread, "I love you, so and so" it doesn't show my name, just the code bbusername....
when I click on "last page" for a thread, it takes me to the very first post instead of the last page.

Ðèstîñy 02-24-07 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Thursday Next (Post 361264)
This may or may not be down to the software upgrade, but the rate post function seems to be missing and if I click on 'last' to go to the last page of a long thread it takes me to the first page regardless. Anyon else getting this?

My guess, when the board was upgraded, it made it appear all brand new to us. There have been 359,679 since my last visit, but there are only a total of 355,931 post, on the board. That first number probably includes every thread, and/or post, that has been deleted in the past. Hey, it's a theory. Besides, he has mentioned allot of these flaws, in his first post. So I assume they will all work out eventually. :) Just my 2 cents worth!

Bill 02-24-07 03:13 PM

I can't send PMs. Am I the only one?

Sleezy 02-24-07 04:04 PM

When I try to "edit my favorite movies," I get a fatal error.

undercoverlover 02-24-07 04:35 PM

clicking on the last page link in my subscriptions takes me to the first page of that thread

Thursday Next 02-24-07 05:26 PM

Don't seem to be able to edit my signature. It just keeps reverting to the one I had before. It's like Groundhog Day...

Eyes 02-24-07 06:08 PM

bbusername doesn't work, I also see no shoutbox, and when I hit the little "go to last post" button, it goes to the start of the thread instead.

edit: yay, editing posts is a lot easier! :D

Yoda 02-24-07 06:27 PM

Alright guys, I've made note of everything so far. There's a list in the first page of this thread now. Please, if at all possible, only report new bugs from here on out.

Several have bene fixed already, and I plan to have all the major functions (and most of the less crucial ones) restored very quickly.

Yoda 02-24-07 07:17 PM

Re: Forum software upgraded

Posts can be edited again...even easier than before, as a matter of fact. Give it a try. ;D

Austruck 02-25-07 01:24 AM

What does "Multi-Quote This Message" mean? I clicked it and it just turned red instead of blue, but nothing happened. Do you have to be in an advanced reply window for that to work??

If it's what it sounds like, I'd LOVE this feature I hope I'm right!

Austruck 02-25-07 01:26 AM

Ummm...if I click on the Favorite Movies in my own posts, nothing happens. Is it supposed to go somewhere? To my own list to edit? It does nada. (It's an old bug but I mention it because you have it crossed off like it's fixed.)