Music-wise, What's Your Latest Discovery?

Tools    

KT Tunstall. Pretty damn good female singer, guitar player.

Every breath you take, watching you
Rachel's - It's like classical, but kind of darl & interesting.

I really like the Grates!!

ORO

It'll blow you away.

Others:

Band of Horses
Squarepusher
Rachel Yamagata
CSS
Wolfmother
Yo La Tengo
Towers of London
Oxford Collapse

rival schools-travel by telephone
"You have to believe in God before you can say there are things that man was not meant to know. I don't think there's anything man wasn't meant to know. There are just some stupid things that people shouldn't do." -David Cronenberg

love peace and chicken grease
kate havnevik she has such a beautiful voice i first heard one of her songs on greys anatomy.
By streams that never find the sea;
Over snow by winter sown,
And through the merry flowers of June,
Over grass and over stone,
And under mountains in the moon.

You ready? You look ready.
Strung Out - Interesting stuff.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Tom Waits is very cool, my best friend tried to turn me on to him, Lou Reed and Big Black, Waits took the longest but I eventually came around.

Terry Reid.

I was watching Devil's Rejects and when the closing credits came on, lo and behold, there played a song I hadn't heard in MANY years and couldn't identify despite its familiarity (Seed of Memory).

It's 70's folkish type stuff but his lyrics are fantastic.

rhymes with Goebbels
Originally Posted by ORO

It'll blow you away.

Others:

Band of Horses
Squarepusher
Rachel Yamagata
CSS
Wolfmother
Yo La Tengo
Towers of London
Oxford Collapse
aw, squarepusher is wonderful, as is css.

I've been trawling download.com's music page, it's just a page where anyone can upload any music they have made, i introduced a mate at work to it and he has uploaded his first track on to the site (Check it out)
The are plenty of new and interesting artists on there.

Originally Posted by undercoverlover
radio 1 is awesome, i love the breakfast shohw with chris moyles
I'll check his show out!

A friend invited me to see and hang out with a a local band called Black Tie Revue. I enjoyed them greatly. The fact that they just happened to be on just after The Oranges Band, who I was coincidentally already a fan of and had never seen live, was just gravy.

Hopefully that's the last name you'll ever see the words "gravy" and "oranges" in the same sentence.

A system of cells interlinked
Splashdown - Now defunct, this Boston based project was huge around here in the late 90s. They eventually got signed by Capital, got into a contract dispute, and ended up parting ways over it. Thanks Capital! Meanwhile, they DID get to record the album at Capital, which never got officially released. SUPER rare, the CD is fantastic, andI gots me a copy. Luckily, this band now supports downloading of their entire catalog, so all can share the great music these people wrote. Sort of like Garbage, sort of like Bjork... Check em out!

Splashdown

Got me some David Bowie.

Oh and ORO, Towers of London, bunch of frigging twats. You seen their show? They've watched This Is Spinal Tap too much only without realising it's all a joke.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
towers of london dont realise theyre playing the same music as 20/30 years ago, i dont mean similar, i mean the same. They're nothing new aand thats why so many people are unimpressed by them, its nothing we havent seen before