Attencion por favor Mofo

Tools    

I was wondering how all the lot of Mofo came up with your names. Some of yours are obvious, but others are a tad more befuddling. Please, indulge my boggle and share the story behind the creation of your name.

One day,
After it had rained hard all night, I went outside to get the mail.
On the sidewalk in a little spot of dappled sunlight was a little frog. He looked like he'd had a rough night and was warming himself in the sun. "Hello little sunfrog" I said as I passed by on the way to the mailbox at the curb. In the mail was a free AOL disk.

On the way back inside the little frog was still there. He looked happy to be out of the rain and glad he had found a little spot of sun to sit in. "Well, nice to meet you little sunfrog" I said. "Bye, gotta go" When I went inside I signed up for AOL and needed a screen name. I chose Sunfrog. That is the story of my first day on the internet and also how I got my name.

I came up with this name about 15 years ago. I was a teen who played D&D and did alot of BBS calling. BBS means "Bulletin Board System", and it is a program run by a computer (or computers) that you can use your computer to call and interact with, leaving messages, chatting (if there were multiple phone lines and other people online), or whatever. I created a demi-god type character in D&D who concentrated on fire-based powers right around the time an online buddy of mine told me that I was the best "flame war" chatter she ever met. I don't think that was a very common term at the time, but if it wasn't, it became one. Bingo; I decided I was Fire God. I've stopped using the name a few times since then, but have used it almost exclusively for the past 4 years or so.

My best friend of old used a nic named Slaytanika, I named my bayonet that I used in the war Slay, and my favorite books are the Thomas Covenant series which has a Sauron type character named Lord Foul...it just came to me to make up LordSlaytan. Not very exciting.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
it just came to me to make up LordSlaytan. Not very exciting.
at least yours didn't literally come out of thin air, and though i've asked to change my name a second a last time to something more thought out, Yoda never got back to me.

Why do you want to change your name again?

She's talking to eyes and there is a thread like this somewhere, though I'm too lazy to hunt it down. No biggie.

Originally Posted by Eyes
at least yours didn't literally come out of thin air, and though i've asked to change my name a second a last time to something more thought out, Yoda never got back to me.
Sometimes you have to remind him, buddy. He has nearly a dozen sites he owns/operates, plus he works. Try again.

I'm like you firegod, I use my name exclusively. I'm Lordslaytan EVERYWHERE!

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I'm like you firegod, I use my name exclusively. I'm Lordslaytan EVERYWHERE!
Me too I am LordyLord..... opps I'm nebbit everywhere

Click HERE, HERE, and HERE.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

John Leguizamo went to the other side and never came back.
What does nebbit mean?

Originally Posted by sunfrog
What does nebbit mean?
I was talking about Holden Pike, if people start a new thread he has a great memory for similar threads, finds them and posts links to them.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Tacitus - Roman public official and historian whose two greatest works, Histories and Annals, concern the period from the death of Augustus (A.D. 14) to the death of Domitian (96)

It's a pretty oblique reference to something from years back.

It also means 'the quiet one'.

Count yourselves lucky, I almost chose Suetonius...