Dan Hartman - I Can Dream About You
Sturgill Simpson - Played Out
Whitesnake - Ain't Gonna Cry No More
Willow - Symptom of Life
Velvet Revolver - She Builds Quick Machines
Alexandra Stan - Mr. Saxobeat
Calle 13 - Calma Pueblo
Every Mother's Nightmare - Walls Come Down

Winner: Altin Gün - Goca Dünya (Nominated by Captain Spaulding)

ROUND 10 RESULTS:

1st) Altin Gün - Goca Dünya (113 points)
2nd) Blues Pills - Little Sun (100 points)
3rd) Whitesnake - Ain't Gonna Cry No More (98 points)
4th) Velvet Revolver - She Builds Quick Machines (86 points)
5th) The Fall - Container Drivers (83 points)
6th) Rainbow Kitten Surprise - Devil Like Me (81 points)
7th) Dan Hartman - I Can Dream About You (77 points)
8th) Every Mother's Nightmare - Walls Come Down (75 points)
9th) Sturgill Simpson - Played Out (68 points)
10th) Willow - Symptom of Life (65 points)
11th) Alexandra Stan - Mr. Saxobeat (45 points)
11th) Calle 13 - Calma Pueblo (45 points)

Round 11:

1. UNKLE feat. Thom Yorke - Rabbit in Your Headlights
2. Brittany Howard - To Be Still
3. Ten Years After - If You Should Love Me
4. Rina Sawayama - STFU!
5. Nirvana - In Bloom
6. Metallica - Wherever I May Roam
7. Zebra - Light of My Love
8. Black Country Communion - Man In The Middle
9. Vampyros Lesbos - The Lions And The Cucumber
10. Fat Dog - King of the Slugs
11. Drive-By Truckers - Danko/Manuel

Let the night air cool you off
1. Nirvana - In Bloom
2. Drive-By Truckers - Danko/Manuel
3. Metallica - Wherever I May Roam
4. Vampyros Lesbos - The Lions and The Cucumber
5. Rina Sawayama - STFU!
6. Zebra - Light of My Love
7. Ten Years After - If You Should Love Me
8. Black Country Communion - Man In the Middle
9. Fat Dog - King of the Slugs
10. UNKLE - Rabbit in Your Headlights
11. Brittany Howard - To Be Still

Round 11

1. Nirvana - In Bloom (One of their best. Figured this would be the likely winner of this round as soon as I saw it was nominated.)

2. Rina Sawayama - STFU! (Yet to listen to an album in full, but I've enjoyed most of the songs I've heard from her, and I appreciate the wide swath of styles that influence her sound. A difficult artist to pigeonhole. I wasn't that into nu-metal during its heyday, but nowadays it makes me nostalgic for my adolescence, so I'm digging the small revival the once maligned genre has undergone these last few years. This song is like the result of getting three or four disparate radio stations from the late 90's/early 2000's beaming in on one frequency, but instead of a garbled mess, the odd mix of genres coalesce into one aggressive earworm.)

3. Vampyros Lesbos - The Lions And The Cucumber (I could listen to this on a constant loop. Powerfully evocative of a very specific era and setting. Kooky yet seductive with just a hint of danger. Makes me want to buy some beaded curtains and lava lamps. Also reminds me that I've yet to watch a single Jesús Franco film, which suddenly feels like something I should make a priority.)

4. Ten Years After - If You Should Love Me (This really grew on me as it went along, from its borderline bashful beginning of whispered sweet-nothings to a full-on masturbatory jam session by the end.)

5. Metallica - Wherever I May Roam (Not too shabby for a no-name indie band.)

6. Drive-By Truckers - Danko/Manuel (Not a big fan of Drive-By Truckers or Jason Isbell, but this is the one album I return to every so often.)

7. Zebra - Light of My Love (Never heard of this band. Surprised to see this song is from 2003. I'm guessing this was just leftover material from twenty years earlier. Fun song, musically proficient, but also indistinguishable from most of the stuff you'd hear on Headbanger's Ball. That isn't necessarily a criticism, though, since I love that era. The lead singer sounds like he was plucked from a Led Zeppelin cover band with all his Robert Plant wailings.)

8. Fat Dog - King of the Slugs (This would be fun at a rave while high on Molly. It's quite the sonic odyssey with all its weirdness and ebbing energy. Just wish it was a couple minutes shorter.)

9. Black Country Communion - Man in the Middle (Gave me Stone Temple Pilots vibes at first, as this sounds much more like something from a 90's alt-rock station than something from the 2010's. The hard-chugging verses and instrumentation are solid, but that chorus falls flat, like a souped-up mustang that stalls right out the gate.)

10. UNKLE ft. Thom Yorke - Rabbit in Your Headlights (Not a bad song by any means, even if its intentionally disconcerting aura makes me feel like I'm being drained by a dementor from Harry Potter. Yorke's vocal stylings, whether he's singing with Radiohead or UNKLE or my third cousin once removed, set my teeth on edge.)

11. Brittany Howard - To Be Still (First time listening to any of her solo stuff, but I know Howard is a powerful singer from her time with Alabama Shakes. This song isn't doing anything for me, though, as it just feels like she's coasting through a non-descript intro. Needed the song to kick into another gear.)

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
I highly recommend their first album!

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
1. UNKLE - Rabbit in Your Headlights
2. Nirvana - In Bloom
3. Zebra - Light of My Love
4. Ten Years After - If You Should Love Me
5. Vampyros Lesbos - The Lions and The Cucumber
6. Rina Sawayama - STFU!
7. Black Country Communion - Man In the Middle
8. Fat Dog - King of the Slugs
9. Drive-By Truckers - Danko/Manuel
10. Metallica - Wherever I May Roam

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
This was a strange round because I actually liked everything.

1. Nirvana - In Bloom (not the best song on the album, but there isn't a bad song on the album so I say yeah)

2. Drive by Truckers - Danko/Manuel (unexpectedly loved this despite the slightly twangy guitar)

3. Fat Dog - King of the Slugs (I agree it's too long but I do enjoy the madness)

4. Rina Sawayama - STFU (Liked the verse more than the chorus but it definitely grew on me)

5. Ten Years After - If You Should Love Me (never heard of them, good song though)

6. Unkle - Rabbit in Your Headlights (I do like a bit of Unkle)

7. Black Country Communion - Man in the Middle (Not to be confused with Black Country New Road. Catchy )

8. Vampyros Lesbos - The Lion and the Cucumber (enjoyed listening to this)

9. Metallica - Wherever I May Roam (Wouldn't have guessed this would end up so low but it does get a bit repetitive)

10. Brittany Howard - To Be Still (Nice song, probably a grower)

11. Zebra - Light of My Love (didn't hate it but something had to be last)

1. Nirvana - In Bloom
  2. Zebra - Light of My Love
  3. Metallica - Wherever I May Roam
  4. Black Country Communion - Man In The Middle
  5. Drive-By Truckers - Danko/Manuel
  6. Vampyros Lesbos - The Lions And The Cucumber
  7. Ten Years After - If You Should Love Me
  8. Rina Sawayama - STFU!
  9. Fat Dog - King of the Slugs
  10. UNKLE - Rabbit in Your Headlights ft. Thom Yorke

R12
Bambi Lee Savage - Darlin'

Nirvana - In Bloom - I knew this was my #1 the moment I saw the line up. I usually penalise those big hitters so as to give others a chance, but even with that in place, this is #1.

Vampyros Lesbos - The Lions And The Cucumber - My #1 is up for grabs today as, while I like this, I only nominated it because I was reminded of it. I'm sure this will do ok with me, but I can already see it won't be #1. I'll see if it can hold on to #2.

Rina Sawayama - STFU! - Completely unaware of this artist (as I am so many of the last 20 especially) but really like this. Like Cap, Nu-Metal wasn't my thing at all but, unlike him, this ain't my childhood either, so I have no nostalgia for it. Wherever this ends up, it's all her and how well the mix of genres/styles works.

Metallica - Wherever I May Roam - Heavy hitters penalty puts this here. Great song.

Zebra - Light of My Love - Good song. Nostalgic without ever having been because it sounds like a band formed from a bunch of guys who grew up loving their parents record collection and that collection was cool. I'll check out other stuff by them to see if this is a one off or 'their' sound.

Brittany Howard - To Be Still - That's nice vibe. That 'to be still' sounds like a sting or motif from an early Spike Lee film.

Ten Years After - If You Should Love Me - One of the slower records the Zebra kids were listening to.

Black Country Communion - Man In The Middle - This is ok. A bit like the previous band's influences, this one grew up listening to Velvet Revolver on a loop, instead of a 70's/80's rock collection.

Drive-By Truckers - Danko/Manuel - It was ok, but I needed it to pick up at some point. Felt like it was being held back rather than played slow. That's the best I can describe how it felt to me.

Fat Dog - King of the Slugs - This is an odd mish-mash, but I quite like it. Normally if I'm hearing that kind of N.African/Turkish vibe I'm watching Eurovision, but it works pretty well here too. Now, if this was 3 or 4 minutes long it'd do better with me.

UNKLE feat. Thom Yorke - Rabbit in Your Headlights - Take the worst thing about Radiohead and put it in a place it's unfamiliar. If this isn't last I'm really going to dislike one of the last 3. Plus, it's 6+ bloody minutes of it!