Best alien character created in a movie or TV-series.

Tools    

Did you know that Valeris was originally supposed to be Saavik (from STII & III)?
Didn't know that. I remember Kirstie Alley playing her in "The Wrath of the Khan", then they changed her character with Robin Curtis.

Didn't know that. I remember Kirstie Alley playing her in "The Wrath of the Khan", then they changed her character with Robin Curtis.
Yes, I remember reading trivia somewhere that Valeris was intended to be Saavik which would have placed Spock in a more difficult position: to find out someone he'd been intimate with (in III) was a traitor and he'd have to face the dilemma of turning her in or not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saavik...pock%2C%20said

Yes, I remember reading trivia somewhere that Valeris was intended to be Saavik which would have placed Spock in a more difficult position: to find out someone he'd been intimate with (in III) was a traitor and he'd have to face the dilemma of turning her in or not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saavik...pock%2C%20said
Have to say I did not concentrate too much on Saavik's character;
Valeris was mentored by Spock and she was a participant in a conspiration against the peace talks between Starfleet and the Klingon Empire.
I would have liked to see her in the series too, not just in the movie.

Trouble with a capital "T"
Gotta go with the Talosians from Star Trek. It's a fascinating (no pun intended) idea that a species that forced theselves to live underground to be alone with their thoughts for several years would evolve mentally in a way that lets them be telepathic and project illusions.
From a production stand point they were aces. In the early 1960s for a TV show pilot they hit upon the idea of getting a petite woman who was unusual looking to play the lead Talosian. Then they used a male voice actor to do the Talosian lines and electronically altered his voice to sound higher pitch. It works well as it makes the Talosians look like their bodies have atrophied as their minds and brain size grew. The pulsating veins on their sides of their head was a great way to show them telepathically communicating.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I think one of my favourite Vulcan characters was Kim Cattrall playing Valeris

I remember when Kim Cattrall was a tv actress. She's played in shows like Columbo and The Incredible Hulk.

I remember when Kim Cattrall was a tv actress. She's played in shows like Columbo and The Incredible Hulk.
I think everyone starts from somewhere Used to watch Colombo sporadically
If you mentioned Colombo, I'm glad Netflix acquired all seasons from Monk. A different kind of detective. Used to love Monk, now I can watch it every now and then.

Here's another one : E.T. - the Extra-Terrestrial something I used to watch when I was a kid
Loved Steven Spielberg's film.

I guess this movie gave the start for other directors to create more like this ....
Drew Barrymore here was also in her "early stage"

The Creature from - "The Shape of Water" (2017).

A master of monsters and special effects - Guillermo del Toro - brought his contribution in many films creating all sort of amazing characters, one of his favourite actors - Doug Jones - who played all sort of creatures.

A system of cells interlinked
This guy, for sure.

These days, he just hangs around running a film site on the internet.

This guy, for sure.

These days, he just hangs around running a film site on the internet.
I was thinking who will do the honors with Yoda, someone finally did. Great character.
He was handled first time by Frank Oz. One of the best characters in Star Wars.

Dominar Rygel XVI - Farscape

Dominar Rygel XVI was the ex royal ruler of the Hynerian Empire.
He is a very selfish character, descending from a long line of noble leaders, he also has three stomachs and an appetite to match

I mean, is that even a question?

Although I suppose that today the only appropriate answer for this is...

Jabba the Hutt - Star Wars - Return of the Jedi - 1983.

In this painting above he was immortalized by a Mon Calamari artist who happened to be on Nal Hutta during the days. He was wearing these clothes while trying to lose some weight.