Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi

Tools    

The most loathsome of all goblins
I'd probably be more excited if I didn't despise the new characters.

Will episode VIII have another scene of Rey getting angry when a man tries to help her, followed by scenes of her expertly using Jedi abilities without any training? Will it explain how Finn went from being a morally conflicted stormtrooper to gleefully killing his former comrades in a matter of hours?

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
This is what a teaser trailer is to me. A bunch of set shots and no clue what the in hell is going on.

F' you Luke!

Teaser trailers are the best ones.

I'd rather have a teaser trailer than something that gives away the entire plot.

A system of cells interlinked

Will episode VIII have another scene of Rey getting angry when a man tries to help her, followed by scenes of her expertly using Jedi abilities without any training? Will it explain how Finn went from being a morally conflicted stormtrooper to gleefully killing his former comrades in a matter of hours?
Except that she has had training, from Luke, when she was a small girl. I thought that was pretty clear from the dream sequence. Also, at which point did she "expertly" use Jedi skills? The time she used a mind trick and it didn't work the first few times? Her weak attempts at saber use during a fight with an injured Sith apprentice? Yes, he was an apprentice. Hence his master saying "It is time to complete your training" at the end of the film.

It's fine that you dislike the new characters, even though they are fun, well-acted, and way better than any of the characters in the abysmal prequel trilogy (on this I think we can agree), but at least chose reasons that hold water!

It's also worth noting Luke did the same thing.
He had like 30 minutes of training from Obi Wan... and was able to use the Force to target the Death Star's exhaust port.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Hamill's voice sounds great!

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Also I suspect the line "Its time for the Jedi to end" is one of those trailer mash-ups of 2 separate lines, especially as we only see Hamill say ...."to end".

It's time for the Jedi................
................................To end.

I could tell it was Hamill at the start... but when he says the "It's time for the Jedi..." line, I initially thought it was Benicio del Toro.

Except that she has had training, from Luke, when she was a small girl. I thought that was pretty clear from the dream sequence. Also, at which point did she "expertly" use Jedi skills? The time she used a mind trick and it didn't work the first few times? Her weak attempts at saber use during a fight with an injured Sith apprentice? Yes, he was an apprentice. Hence his master saying "It is time to complete your training" at the end of the film.

It's fine that you dislike the new characters, even though they are fun, well-acted, and way better than any of the characters in the abysmal prequel trilogy (on this I think we can agree), but at least chose reasons that hold water!
Don't forget that luke blew up the death star with only a wowcher's worth of training
It was no more unbelievable than the original trilogy IMO

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Teaser looks good. I agree with blix, though - tough girl who would rather rip a guy's balls off with her death stare than accept help and sensitive new age stormtrooper I found very grating, however, I think they did a fine job as young actors and so much better than the actors in the prequel trilogy.

Well, from what I said about the title now having new meanings after hearing Luke say the Jedi must end...

The Sith enslave and destroy in the name of personal wealth and power. The Jedi too are for all intents and purposes, weak because of their dogmatic views and ways of training.
Luke proved dureing the confrontation with Palpatine and Vader that it is possible to face pure evil, and be tempted by the Dark Side and turn away from it and not allow it control you... in the process he even turned a Sith away from the Dark Side at the same time.
I reckon, he's been studying the Force so deeply, possibly even studying the Dark Side, that he's going to either end, or renounce the Way of the Jedi... and become something totally separate, and train Rey in the new ways.
The Jedi were taught not to love, and not to become attached, in the words of Yoda "Let go of everything they fear to lose"...

I think Luke is, in Star Wars terminology, a Grey, maybe even a Dark Jedi.

Disney only just started their milking and I'm already tired of Star Wars... ugh.

This is basically a copy of the Force Awakens trailer only... less impressive.

Maybe moderately enjoying Force Awakens and hating Rogue One has something to do with the fact that I'm not all over this. I don't know. Let's see if they really do dare something with this next official chapter. But for now this will be streaming material for me or maybe the free press screening like I did with Rogue One.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I watched this quite a few times now and I still can't figure out what is being said in it. When he asks Rey what she sees, she says that she sees "Light", and then you hear Leia - in a whisper - saying "Help me Obi-Wan". Then you hear what I think is just a tiny bit of Vader breathing with something that is said, again, in a whisper, about the Dark Side. I can't make that out. Who is it? And can anyone tell exactly what is said? After that she says "Darkness", and I think that is followed by one more quote, but I can't make out what is said, or even who it is - or if it is even anything at all. Can anyone else hear it better?

I am really curious. I suppose it is no big thing to know exactly what is being said, but why include it if a person can't make it out?

Otherwise, I am OK with this trailer. But whether it be this one, or the official one, I really don't want to speculate so much this time around. It kind of ruined The Force Awakens for having done so.

This might just do nobody any good.
I watched this quite a few times now and I still can't figure out what is being said in it. When he asks Rey what she sees, she says that she sees "Light", and then you hear Leia - in a whisper - saying "Help me Obi-Wan". Then you hear what I think is just a tiny bit of Vadar breathing with something that is said, again, in a whisper, about the Dark Side. I can't make that out. Who is it? And can anyone tell exactly what is said? After that she says "Darkness", and I think that is followed by one more quote, but I can't make out what is said, or even who it is - or if it is even anything at all. Can anyone else hear it better?
It's probably nothing special. Like the whisper Rey heard when she found the lightsaber in FA.