2016 MoFo TV Tournament

Tools    

I was less bored by them, but still not really engaged with the story or the characters. Cop shows have never really been my thing.

Watched the first episode of You, Me and the Apocalypse. It was alright, i liked seeing some familiar faces like Pauline Quirke and Pam from The Office, i think the latters story in prison was my favourites. As it stands i'll more than likely vote for Bob's Burgers but i'll watch the second and third eps later before voting.

For some reason I remembered You, Me, and the Apocalypse being a half hour show. Weird. And I only saw it a couple of months ago so you'd think I'd remember it better haha.

I wasn't exactly sold on the first episode either, but found it interesting enough to keep watching. I don't remember at what episode I really fell in love with it, but I do know my favourite character gets introduced in episode 2.

If you're one of those people who skips the intros to shows, I should note that the bunker part of each opening is different and shows different characters/has a different voice over.

The first episode was 43 minutes. Some shows start off with a longer pilot then go down to 20-30, so that may be what it is. I'll see later.

Nah, i wasn't planning on skipping the intro but thanks for telling me anyway.

Watched the next two of Apocalypse, and yeah it does stay at 40+. I think it got better in those two but i still just found it alright, pretty entertaining but not something i could see myself becoming a fan of. Plus i read that there won't be a second season, so i have no intention of finishing it.

Bob's Burgers - You, Me and the Apocalypse

Three of Daredevil next.

Watched the first two episodes of Daredevil. I'm actually enjoying it a lot more than I expected. I do have mixed feelings about it, though. I really like the dramatic scenes and find the characters likable, but my eyes start rolling when he gets into fights and starts doing his crazy flips or when his super senses start going.

I doubt it'll get my vote over Arrested Development, but of the shows that I've been introduced to through this tournament I've liked this one the best so far. I never would've guessed that.

Watching Daredevil today myself to vote.
The first episode was alright but i think it is going to be one of those shows i can't get into. We'll see though as my friend says the first season gets better as it goes on, he also said the second was a disappointment for him so who knows.

The first episode was alright but i think it is going to be one of those shows i can't get into. We'll see though as my friend says the first season gets better as it goes on, he also said the second was a disappointment for him so who knows.
I wasn't big on the first episode either. But the very end of episode 2 I was a huge fan of. Then at the end of episode 3 when we meet Kingpin, things get way more interesting and it's solid from then on.

I was also disappointed with season two, and not just because Steven S. DeKnight was not involved. Towards the end, s2 got a bit silly, which I didn't really agree with. But John Bernthal killed it as the Punisher, so it gets respect for that.

The second episode was really good actually. It won't get my vote but i'll watch the third before doing so, and i might keep watching it depending on how i feel after the third.

Watched the third episode of Daredevil; I do agree with my friend the show has gotten better with each episode, i don't love it but i'm interested in seeing where it will go so i'll probably watch the rest of it after i've finished with the other shows i've added. Even though i like it Arrested Development is in my top five so easy decision;

Arrested Development - Daredevil

I'll start closing matches in this set once it has been up for a week, it has been up for four days so far. If anyone is planning on watching a show to vote and you want extra time just ask in the thread.

The only match where I've seen enough of either show is In The Flesh - Thursday Next 3 vs Friends - seanc 0.

I don't have a strong opinion of Friends and my vote wouldn't make a difference anyway, so I likely won't be voting in any more matches this set.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I would love to watch more of these but unfortunately if they're not on UK TV players or Netflix there's not much chance.