The MoFo Top 100 Documentaries Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Deliver us from Evil is by far the most powerful documentary I have watched, that takes an extremely mirco alongside a completely broad look at the corruption of the Catholic church. Very happy it made it, since it should be watched by more.

My List:
1. Deliver us from Evil
6. The House is Black
10. Religulous
11. Sicko
12. Haxan

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
My Best Fiend was my #10. The friendship/hatred that Herzog and Kinski shared makes for an unforgettable experience. i love the scene where the natives want to put a hit on Kinski! Last Train Home was interesting.

The People's Republic of Clogher
My Best Fiend was #14 for me.

When the irresistible (totally off his head) force meets the immovable (loopy as ****) object, a friendship/fiendship such as Herzog and Kinski's is the result. A triumph of the will.

Erm.

I've seen it, but tbh, My Best Fiend didn't really do that much for me. I never even considered it for my list.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Last Train Home was on my list, and yes, I watched it for the HoF. Good film.

I really wish I had watched more Herzog docs, since I enjoyed the ones I did see, but I didn't really know where to start. I guess after this list I will have a few to pick from.

I really wish I had watched more Herzog docs, since I enjoyed the ones I did see, but I didn't really know where to start.
You start by watching all of them!
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Beauty Day was a great Hall of Fame nomination by Sean, and I had it at #15.

I didn't think Pumping Iron was exactly great, but I had a lot of fun watching it. I put it at #25.

That's 6 from my list.

Beauty Day, I am shocked. Glad to see it and on six lists. Nice.
Yeah, great choice Sean i think i may have had it a bit lower than Last Train Home on my HOF list, but i liked every nomination anyway so glad to see it here.

Also GASP! i haven't seen Pumping Iron.

Yay, I've been waiting all day for this moment and finally these two documentaries arrive and they both have the thing in common that they DON'T appear on my damn list dammit.

I thought Pumping Iron would be higher on this list, didn't make mine but I like it well enough. Definitely a historic film.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I liked Beauty Day, on my list at #23. A well made and entertaining film.

Haven't seen Pumping Iron.

I watched Indie Game the other night, quite interesting film. It certainly made me want to play Braid and Fez. I know some people think the game designers came across badly but I really felt sympathy for them and their stress over making their games perfect for release and their negative feelings over sharing something so personal which they have slaved over for years with a critical public.