The MoFo Support Group

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I'm glad to hear that you're doing better. It sounds like you have some fun events lined up, so have a great time. And good luck with your date. I hope it goes well.

Are there any good guests scheduled to appear at the comics convention?
Stan Lee. I saw this and had to go.

Also, yes,Citizen Rules, Rush. Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, and Neil Peart. The greatest rock band ever.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Stan Lee. I saw this and had to go.

Cool.

I met Stan Lee when he was here in New York a few years ago. He's a very nice guy. He attended a special party for the dealers the night before the convention, and he also went around the dealer's room before the convention opened on Saturday morning to talk to all the dealers individually. He even signed autographs and posed for pictures.

Lucky you, I never seen Rush. I seen a lot of rock bands in the late 70s and 80s. I even had 4 tickets to the Rush Permanent Waves concert but sold them. Now I wish I would have went.

Hi Monkeypunch. So glad to hear you've got yourself in a happier place you sound like you're enjoying life now.
GBG , I did notice you weren't posting as much but just thought you might be busy with work. Sorry to hear you were feeling down, but glad you're back on track now

Just thought I'd update, I was in a rough place last time I posted on here, and I'm doing much better as of late. I've started to rebuild my life, I guess you could say. I have gone to therapy, which has helped out a lot, and I've reconnected with friends and family that I've let fall by the wayside in my depressive times. I am following up on my plans to go back to school this fall, and I've decided to focus on things that I enjoy instead of negative things. I'm going to see Rush in concert this summer, going to a local comics convention in August, and I'm having friends over at the end of this month to drink beers, eat pizza and watch Wrestlemania. I even have a date this Saturday. If it goes well, then yay for me, but if it doesn't then it isn't the end of the world, right? I feel good for the first time in what seems like forever. I plan to keep this feeling for a long time.
Monkeyboy so nice to hear you are better

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Are you feeling any better?

I read your post last week, and I didn't reply to it because I was kind of in the same place where you were that day, and I had been that way for a few days. I was reading the boards for a few days, and even repping some posts, but I just didn't feel like talking to anyone, so I wasn't replying to much. I don't know if it was work related or weather related, but I just kind of felt down about everything for a few days and I couldn't figure out what was causing it. Hubby even noticed that I was down, and he bought me a couple of the Funko Pop! figures to try to cheer me up.

I finally decided to do something just for myself, and I picked a few of my favorite movies to watch, and I just relaxed for a couple of days, and it seemed to help. I'm starting to get back to normal, (or as close to normal as I've ever been. )

How are you doing these days?
Thanks for your reply and your PM.

I feel a little better. I have good days, and I have bad. I think ime just tired and need a bit of a break. I've booked a holiday to Disney Land Paris with the family in the summer so at least that's something to look forward to. I think I just work to hard and don't give myself much of a break.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

It's nice to come in here and see three people returning and saying they're feeling more positive than they were when they made their posts. Thanks for the updates.

I feel a little better. I have good days, and I have bad. I think ime just tired and need a bit of a break. I've booked a holiday to Disney Land Paris with the family in the summer so at least that's something to look forward to. I think I just work to hard and don't give myself much of a break.
It's true that being constantly tired has a big effect on relationships and lives . I saw on another thread that you get up early for work and work long hours . I know if I have some early jobs then by the end of the week I'm knackered and I don't even have young children to contend with anymore .
Nice to have a holiday to look forward to. Try and get some more rest. Take care

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

It's nice to hear that you're starting to feel better. Hopefully you'll continue to get better and better every day. It seems like there are a few people who have posted about feeling like this recently, so maybe it's just something that's going around right now, like all this annoying snow we've been getting around here recently, (and again today).

I know what you mean about good and bad days. I work on the computer all day, and there are some days that I just sit and stare at the keyboard, and I have a hard time bringing myself to actually start typing, but then there are days when I can just jump in and start typing right away, and keep working until I'm finished.

The Disney trip should help. Sometimes you just have to do something for yourself to try to get out of a rut, and when you get to the Disney park, hopefully you'll be able to get everything else off of your mind and have fun. I hope you and your family have a wonderful time.

Until then, try to find some little ways to do some stuff for yourself, like re-watching some of your favorite guilty pleasure movies, go to your favorite restaurant for dinner, buy yourself something that's just for you, etc. It doesn't have to be something expensive, just something fun and unnecessary that will make you smile.

It's true that being constantly tired has a big effect on relationships and lives .
I'm often tired. Sometimes it's my mind that's tired. Other times it feels like my body is tired....It's like there is at least 2 kinds of tired.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
It's true that being constantly tired has a big effect on relationships and lives . I saw on another thread that you get up early for work and work long hours . I know if I have some early jobs then by the end of the week I'm knackered and I don't even have young children to contend with anymore .
Nice to have a holiday to look forward to. Try and get some more rest. Take care
Yep very long hours. This past week I've worked 6:00am-18:00pm all week and ime in tommorow 6:00am till 12:00am. It's difficult because we could do with the extra money for bills and what not.

Monkeyboy so nice to hear you are better
I feel like i finally learned that I'm important too, you know? I shouldn't just cater to other people's needs even when it hurts me. And I realized that I'm fine being single. I only go out with people I really think are worth it now, and not because I feel lonely, but because they are fun to be around. But doing things just for myself is important too.

I feel like i finally learned that I'm important too, you know? I shouldn't just cater to other people's needs even when it hurts me. And I realized that I'm fine being single. I only go out with people I really think are worth it now, and not because I feel lonely, but because they are fun to be around. But doing things just for myself is important too.
Good for you

I'm still doing okay. I had my date, and it went incredibly well, and we made plans to go on a second date this weekend.

On the downside, I had a massive anxiety attack tonight. Part of me just expects that people are going to hurt me in some way or another, and sometimes I feel like I was safer staying secluded in my home and in my own little bubble. One of my closest friends spent the better part of the night talking me down, and I feel a little better. I've had really BAD experiences with relationships and dating, and it leaves damage, you know? BTW, the best way to talk to someone who's freaking out is not telling them to calm down but get them talking about what's making them anxious and making them feel safe. Just a heads up.

It's amazing how often a different pov can be enough to make you doubt your certainty about what's going to happen. You don't even have to agree with it. Just acknowledging/seeing that there's a different pov can be enough to calm down a little. When you're in the middle of it can be difficult to see, but if you can remind yourself of that before it gets really bad sometimes that can be all it takes to stop you getting really het up.

Glad the date went well, MP.

I'm still doing okay. I had my date, and it went incredibly well, and we made plans to go on a second date this weekend.

On the downside, I had a massive anxiety attack tonight. Part of me just expects that people are going to hurt me in some way or another, and sometimes I feel like I was safer staying secluded in my home and in my own little bubble. One of my closest friends spent the better part of the night talking me down, and I feel a little better. I've had really BAD experiences with relationships and dating, and it leaves damage, you know? BTW, the best way to talk to someone who's freaking out is not telling them to calm down but get them talking about what's making them anxious and making them feel safe. Just a heads up.
Just remember there are guarantees in life but if you don't put yourself out there and face your fears you may miss out on something nice

You ready? You look ready.
Well, I've been hesitant to post anything about this on the site since some of my co-workers know I post here, which is why I'm posting it in here. Buried under pages and pages of posts. I had thought about a thread but in passing glance that could end up badly for me at work.

Anyways, enough hot air: I'm transgender. I'm seeing a counselor, but I gotta be honest, this whole thing is starting to get pretty scary for me.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Anyways, enough hot air: I'm transgender. I'm seeing a counselor, but I gotta be honest, this whole thing is starting to get pretty scary for me.
Don't be scared, Jane. You're with friends.

You ready? You look ready.
That's not it. Part of me is just thinking there's no point in transitioning because it's going to be hard, take years, and might even put me in physical danger where I live. It's just...there's a lot to decide on right now, and I know it's going to take time to figure it out. But the prospect of the future just seems more shaky now than it has been.