The MoFo Top 100 of the 1970s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Taking of Pelham has been on my watchlist for ages so i'll get around to it at one point. I've only heard of Jeanne Dielman because of the recent Sight and Sound poll, i'll watch it at some point too.

Seen - 3/12
List - 0/25

At this point I've given up hope for Harry and Tonto
I found Harry and Tonto rather disappointing. Given its premise, I expected to love it or at least like it quite a bit but I found myself rather bored by it.

Cries & Whispers and Harold and Maude on the other hand, I liked a lot.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'd love to see the original Taking of Pelham 1, 2, 3, but have only seen the mediocre remake.

Suspect's Reviews

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I found Harry and Tonto rather disappointing. Given its premise, I expected to love it or at least like it quite a bit but I found myself rather bored by it.

Of course you hated Harry and Tonto. I loved it so I would expect nothing less.

I'm curious to find out if any of our 70s list overlaps, Miss Vicky.
That sounds a little pervy

A lot of the movies that made my list weren't movies that I loved. The top 15 on my list deserve their spots (and #25), the others I was kind of reaching to find some filler - movies I had some respect for in one way or another, but weren't exactly favorites. I suppose there might be some overlap among those.

Quite surprised you liked Cries & Whispers. Even though i've yet to see it i didn't think Bergman was your type of director. Have you seen anything else by him?

Quite surprised you liked Cries & Whispers. Even though i've yet to see it i didn't think Bergman was your type of director. Have you seen anything else by him?
I was surprised I liked it, too. So far it's the only Bergman I've seen, though I plan to at least watch Persona in preparation for the 60s list.

I saw The Seventh Seal. I didn't get what was so great about it at the time.

I was surprised I liked it, too. So far it's the only Bergman I've seen, though I plan to at least watch Persona in preparation for the 60s list.
I watched the first half of Persona but was unable to finish it and have yet to return to it. I liked what i saw and will return to it for the 60's list like you. The opening scene was amazing and incredibly confusing at the same time imo. The only other Bergmans i've seen are The Seventh Seal which i liked and The Virgin Spring which i disliked.

The opening scene was amazing and incredibly confusing at the same time imo.
I have to agree with this statement after watching that youtube clip.

I really hope to see Autumn Sonata by Bergman on here. Unfortunately I didn't see it in time.
I voted for it, but it wasn't that high on my list. Great film, top five Bergman IMO.

12 movies in and nothing I've seen... should I be worried yet?

I voted for it, but it wasn't that high on my list. Great film, top five Bergman IMO.

12 movies in and nothing I've seen... should I be worried yet?
You should try Being There and Breaking Away when you get the chance Hitch. 2 of the 3 i've seen so far and both were close to cracking my list.

You should try Being There and Breaking Away when you get the chance Hitch. 2 of the 3 i've seen so far and both were close to cracking my list.
Will do! Being There looks especially interesting.