What is your all-time boring films list?

Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.
Boring is imo the most shallow criticism one can throw towards a film. I guarantee if some of you guys rewatched these films in the right mindset and mood then you will adore most of them.

Chinatown I atempted watching one day during the morning, and I could not get into it...at all. Then I gave it another shot during the night,it raining heavily outside and I was immediately in love with it.

Just ma' two-cents

To be fair I think you have a point Lucas. An element of boredom can have many variables and does not mean that a film is at fault but could mean that you are simply not in the right frame of mind when viewing a film.

I hope "Chinatown" isn't boring because I plan on watching it tonight.
It isn't. It's one of the best and most cleverly written movies of all time.

Boring is imo the most shallow criticism one can throw towards a film. I guarantee if some of you guys rewatched these films in the right mindset and mood then you will adore most of them.

Chinatown I atempted watching one day during the morning, and I could not get into it...at all. Then I gave it another shot during the night,it raining heavily outside and I was immediately in love with it.

Just ma' two-cents

Watch Gerry. You will say it is boring.

is this a joke question?
Yeah. I dont even remember who towards. Someone mentioned watching it on a computer. I watched 2001 on a 60" LCD. Looked great but boooooooring.

I've tried to watch Moon on three separate occasions and have turned it off every time. So that.

An Auto-Bot that reviews movies....
J Edgar was one of those films that really bored me out of my mind. Don't know why, and I'm sure some people adore it - but for me - it was not even remotely my cup of tea. I also know that The King's Speech is loved by many, but once more, I couldn't be offered a handsome sum of cash to watch that again.

Two movies that immediately came to my mind are "Out of Africa" and "Meet Joe Black".
Totally agree regarding Out of Africa and Meet Joe Black...both of those films bored the crap out of me.

To start things off, I will list some movies I can quickly remember. Please bear in mind that my list is subjective as it may be boring to ME, but not to you. (If I've indicated a wrong year for a specific film, feel free to correct me. Made-for-TV movies might also be here in my list.)

Forbidden Planet (1956)
Mary Poppins (1964)
Scared To Death (aka Syngenor) (1980-81)
Yentyl (1983)
Hellfire
Monster Dog (1985)
Future Cop (1985)
White Nights (1985)
The Hours (2002)
Chicago (2002)
The Mothman Prophecies (2002)
How To Deal (2003)
House Of The Dead (2003)
Hellraiser 7 - Deader (2005)
Pride And Prejudice (2005)
Hide And Seek (2005)
Boogeyman (2005)
Pandorum (2009)
Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Parts 1 & 2
The Nutcracker - The Untold Story (2011)
John Carter (2012)
Beautiful Creatures (2013)
Crushed that you think Mary Poppins is boring...that's my favorite movie of all time.

Just ma' two-cents

But it's a valid criticism, surely? If you find a film boring, it's a criticism of the film. I appreciate you can have different views of a film depending on what mood you're in and when you're watching it, but a film that's boring has failed at the first hurdle, I'd say.

Depending on the film, it's either a valid criticism of the film or a telling criticism about yourself.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Is a boring movie a bad movie?
I don't think a boring film necessarily a bad film. For example I have heard good things about the film I posted "Weekend" and some think it is a wonderful piece of art so it may not be bad. The same with LOTR, I found the first film boring as sin but I can recoginse that it is a good film and can see why people like it, it's just not for me.

Not really. There are genres that do not interest me at all. I have no interest in what these movies try to be hence I am bored even if they can be regarded as successes from the point of view of their fans (who actually like what they are trying to be). Chinatown is obviously a well made movie but it is not my genre of movie, it's not something that draws my attention. Maybe if I watch it in 20 years my tastes would have changed and I would like it.

2001 is one of my favorite movies but I can perfectly understand why some people would find it boring. There is no point in disagreeing with someone saying it's a boring movie because different people find different things interesting.

Guap got 2 thumbs up for a post that mentions Casablanca and Chinatown as some of the most boring films ever?

What's happening to this place??? :s
Different people find different things interesting. Specially in a forum with the title "movie forum", which means that any form of screen-fiction that is either released at theaters or directly to video qualify as the forum's subject means that people with widely differing tastes would tend to join it.

If this forum name was "film noir and Classic Hollywood forum" then someone saying that Casablanca and Chinatown were boring movies would not receive any thumbs up.