Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
The World's End
- My favorite movie of last year. It's hilarious, heartfelt, and even a bit philosophical about the nature of humankind...with a lot of surprisingly great fight choreography. Nick Frost is like a large, British Jackie Chan in this one. I kid you not.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
The World's End
- Nick Frost is like a large, British Jackie Chan in this one. I kid you not.
excellent reference, i was happily surprised at the fight sequences, myself

Unregistered User

Sanjuro.

Kurosawa does it again. Great storyline and characters and such a fantastic ending. Its not my favourite from him (from the little ive seen) but its certainly up there.

+

When Harry Met Sally (1989)

I used to not like Meg Ryan, and I'm not sure why. I think it was just some strange misconception I had. I enjoyed this movie the whole way through. There weren't any special moments for me that made me think it was anything better than good, but I liked it.

I just finished watching Failsafe (2000). I have previously watched the 1964 version and this one is every bit as good. Filmed in black and white it is stark, raw, and I believe, still relevant.

10/10

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Son of Batman

This was so much fun,bloody,violent,dark...Good story and perfect action,good voice acting,animation was good,just good movie overall...Deathstroke had a good backstory and motivation behind him.You can see difference when movie is made by DC and WB...Animated universe is best,they have Arrow ,Flash is coming...I know WB still controls animated universe but DC has a lot more freedom there.
Verdict: 9/10

I know this is a metaphor for depression, but I do not deal with depression the same way Von Trier seems to. So it left me cold and bored. A few performances like that of Kirsten Dunst elevate it a bit.

I recently saw the following movies, and gave them the following ratings:

West Side Story--10 (Excellent)

The Town--1 Disliked intensely, for all kinds of reasons.

The Warriors--8 (Very Good)

Kill List (2011 dir. Ben Wheatley) 5/10. Great build up spoiled by a ridiculous ending.

Noah (2014 dir. Darren Aronofsky) 3/10. Just ridiculous.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
A few performances like that of Kirsten Dunst elevate it a bit.
I think we all know what aspect of her performance you liked the most.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Chappie doesn't like the real world

I know this is a metaphor for depression, but I do not deal with depression the same way Von Trier seems to. So it left me cold and bored. A few performances like that of Kirsten Dunst elevate it a bit.

I thought just the opposite. I compare it to talking to someone and telling them something and you don't expect them to fully understand but they get it exactly.

Everyone deals with everything differently but, for me, it was right on the nose.

I'm glad you liked it. But as you said, terminal depression is not something I deal with. So I am that outsider looking in. But I hear for people who do have depression this is actually pretty accurate. It is just not something I personally can connect with.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Yeah, I watched it with my ex-boyfriend and he hated it. He hated Justine with a passion and couldn't understand her reasoning for doing anything she did or acting out like she did. I found that a little amusing, but I can see where the movie can be alienating.

Son of Batman

This was so much fun,bloody,violent,dark...Good story and perfect action,good voice acting,animation was good,just good movie overall...Deathstroke had a good backstory and motivation behind him.You can see difference when movie is made by DC and WB...Animated universe is best,they have Arrow ,Flash is coming...I know WB still controls animated universe but DC has a lot more freedom there.
Verdict: 9/10
Holy crap I totally missed the date on when that was supposed to come out. I have got to make it a point to see it asap.

The Amazing Spiderman 2

Everybody I saw this with thought it was great, but I thought it was merely alright. It was as if they tried to put two films into the same movie - when they should have just kept to the one main plot line. The end result of this is that the ending just felt tacked on to me and lost any of its relevance. I feel I might be too harsh on this film as I was annoyed that the trailers showed every scene from the film (including the very end) and every time Electro turned up the score used some dubstep music - which I hate.

If you had asked me to rate this movie when I first saw it in the theater I would have given it a
. But that was over ten years ago and I was a teenager then. Having grown a fondness for Wes Anderson's style and after this rewatch, a
is in order. My favorite of his movies however is still The Grand Budapest.